• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves v Forest (A) Matchday Thread.

Nando

PTG Cup Winner 2013
Reaction score
So after last night's shitfest, we're off to one of the only clubs in the country who can claim to have a more inept defence than ourselves.

Ikeme, Silvio, Williamson, Stearman, Doherty, Price, Saiss, Oniangue, Costa, Cavaleiro, Enobakhare

SUBS: Flatt, Hause, Evans, Edwards, Teixeira, Dicko, Bodvarsson

^^^^^^^^^
What he said..

Yep, that team will do.

No harm whatsoever in playing Bright up top considering our strikers haven't scored since August - an appalling statistic.

Bright isn't really a number nine so if we were to play him right up top then he'd need plenty of support from midfield. Stop laughing at the back.

I'm trying to work out my team but I keep literally shuddering every time I start typing the defence out.

I'd seriously consider Saiss as a sweeper in a 90s Mark Atkins style. It would allow our fullbacks to bomb on which is better than them trying to defend. I think we have to sacrifice Cav or Costa though.

Burgoyne
Saiss
Baath Stears
Iorfa Doc
Costa, Price, Edwards
Bright
Dicko

So after last night's $#@!fest, we're off to one of the only clubs in the country who can claim to have a more inept defence than ourselves.

Ikeme, Silvio, Williamson, Stearman, Doherty, Price, Saiss, Oniangue, Costa, Cavaleiro, Enobakhare

SUBS: Flatt, Hause, Evans, Edwards, Teixeira, Dicko, Bodvarsson

That, except CBJ at left back - I'd be thrilled with that midfield.

So after last night's $#@!fest, we're off to one of the only clubs in the country who canclaim to have a more inept defence than ourselves.

Given this,⬆ assuming fitness I'd go 442 with Bod and Bright up front. Too early for Williamson and Silvio is either injured or not playing for us again. Batth and Iorfa need taking out to protect them and us.
Ikeme
Coady
Stearman
Hause
Doherty
Price
Edwards
Cav
Costa
Bright
Bod.

Very open and no mid term option, but fuck it.

Ikeme

Silvio Batth Stearman Hause

Costa Saiss Oniangue Teixeira

Cavaleiro Enobakhare​

If Costa is injured then Bodvarsson up front with Ivan on the wing.

Ikeme
Silvio Williamson Hause CBJ
Saiss Price
Costa Bright Cav
Bod

Edit - don't care if Williamson is not fit, he needs to play.

My Forest STH mate has a spare ticket for this, so I'm going in with the home fans. Lucky me.

My last time there was when we won 1-0 with a Kightly goal in the promotion season.

Unlikely that Williamson or Prince will be brought back without some game time beforehand (though doubt it would weaken us if they were)

Silvio has been lost (or locked in the same basement room in the Steve Bull that Peszko occupied a little while ago) & will not be allowed out again.

Would bring Ikeme back as a more experienced back line, though don't expect much other change in defence. Hopefully Saiss & Price to screen in front & Costa - Bright - Cavaleiro ahead & Bod leading the line. Not that he's been on phenomenal form, but has had less game time than Dicko over the last week (who looks as if he is still half a yard off his former self) & is therefore fresher.

Worry for me is if Costa is not ready to go again as sounded as if he was clattered pretty hard last night. We do not have a worthwhile replacement

Forest have a lot of injuries at the minute.

[FONT=&quot]Paul Taylor ‏@nottmtails 4m4 minutes ago[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Had no phone signal so couldn't tweet - but long and short of it is that #nffc have another injury crisis on their hands ahead of Wolves.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Bendtner is ill (and was ill on Wednesday, which explains his sluggishness) and Lam and Traore both have knee injuries and are out tomorrow.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Fox, Pinillos and Cohen are all also ruled out, so #nffc are not exactly blessed with left backs tomorrow.[/FONT]

Not to mention Lansbury, Assombalonga and Fryatt are all out too.

Should be an open entertaining game then as both defences are terrible at the minute.

We're all aware of how bad we are currently but seriously, if we don't beat these then it's time to start panicking.

If you look at the Forest forums (fora?) then they are as depressed as we are & they seem to have a number of injuries to those they would consider as definate starters if fit.

Liklihood of quality football breaking out tomorrow seems low

We're all aware of how bad we are currently but seriously, if we don't beat these then it's time to start panicking.

If we win have I panicked prematurely?!

If Ronan is in I hope its for Saville we need someone in front of Saiss that can pass a football, I pray its not for Cav. With that snippet in mind and Lambert saying we needed fresh legs it could be???

.....Cav........Bod.....Tex......
.......Ronan..........Price.......
...............Saiss.................
Silvio...Stears...Batth...Coady

I just cant see him dropping Batth, I would be surprised at Edwards being dropped but he did mention him being knackered. At the moment I cant really see a team selection that gives me confidence but you would hope Price and Ronan would at the very least be able to move the ball effectively out to the likes of Cav and Tex.

I think we will scrape a 1-1 draw Dicko the scorer late on to equalise from the bench (just because he has to score eventually)

Back