• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

QPR (A) build up thread

Lycan

Proud Resident of Coventry
Reaction score
Live on Sky which should be humiliating. Great fun.

This is the team I'd go with.

Ikeme

Silvio Batth Hause Borthwick-Jackson

Saiss

Costa Teixeira Ronan Cavaliero

Dicko

SUBS: Lonergan, Iorfa, Bodvarsson, Price, Edwards, Herc, Enobakhare​

Now that would be front foot football. Lets have a fucking go at someone for once, I'm sick of watching Wolves cower behind 3 defensive midfielders. Joao & Ronan are small but they (+ the full backs) should allow us to dominate possession and give the front 3 more of a chance to create something.

This is the team I expect to see.

Lonergan

Iorfa Batth Hause Doherty

Costa Coady Price Edwards

Bodvarsson Dicko

SUBS: Ikeme, Stearman, Enobakhare, Saville, Cavaleiro, Saville, Teixeira​

The Rhombus Returns.

We will be unchanged and Lambert will recreate the classic shows we put on for Sky last Christmas.

He could of course think we are so shite at defending we might as well go out and attempt to score goals but we won't. 0-0 will be our target.

Fortunately I am down at my brother's on Thursday - as he's not into watching sport, doesn't have Sky & not great broadband speed I won't be able to watch. After yesterday suprisingly.I'm not that fussed.

If Lambert persists with his current selection policy then I can only assume that he has a mass of debt collectors after him & he's going for an even quicker sacking than Walter to get his year rolling contract payoff to avoid financial armageddon.

I'm playing a snooker match Thursday night. Small mercies etc...

Yeah Lycan's team sounds good to me. Saiss and Cav MUST start and it's time to drop Bod.

I'm working in London on Thursday (not West London!) and won't get home til gone midnight so I'll miss this one. Might not be such a bad thing.

Live on Sky which should be humiliating. Great fun.

This is the team I'd go with.

Ikeme

Silvio Batth Hause Borthwick-Jackson

Saiss

Costa Teixeira Ronan Cavaliero

Dicko

SUBS: Lonergan, Iorfa, Bodvarsson, Price, Edwards, Herc, Enobakhare​

Now that would be front foot football. Lets have a $#@!ing go at someone for once, I'm sick of watching Wolves cower behind 3 defensive midfielders. Joao & Ronan are small but they (+ the full backs) should allow us to dominate possession and give the front 3 more of a chance to create something.

This is the team I expect to see.

Lonergan

Iorfa Batth Hause Doherty

Costa Coady Price Edwards

Bodvarsson Dicko

SUBS: Ikeme, Stearman, Enobakhare, Saville, Cavaleiro, Saville, Teixeira​

The Rhombus Returns.

8 'foreigners'...are you mad?

I'd go for that, with the exception of Edwards for either Ronan or Tex

If PL picks a lineup anything like Lycan's second team i will seriously think about not watching and having alread booked tickets for Cardiff i might send them back too. Like Lycan said it's about time we actually went on the front foot, attacked someone with our new signings and looked like a footballing side. If we get another defensive line up then we will lose imo and as crazy as it sounds PL will be under pressure after 3 games because fans are fed up of seeing this type of shit football with shit players.

I'd be slightly worried about the centre of midfield in the first team but it's not like we have been solid playing with 3 work horses (2 as defensive midfielders) who apparently will help off the ball so i would be happy if i saw a side like that, don't expect it though which i hate to say after Lambert has had 2 games.

If you are going to try to elimainate the defensive frailties with the same personnell you have to give some extra cover and get those who are incompetant defensively to move away a bit. I would seriously consider 3-5-2 for this game

Ikeme

Stearman Batth Hause

Doherty/ Iorfa Saiss Price Silvio
Cavallero/Edwards

Bodvarsson Dicko

Simply cannot go 3 a the back. They haven't got the time to work on it in training and even then if they had i'm not sure i trust the coaches to do it right as all of our defenders struggle to play in a 4 week in week out. Asking them to do something they haven't done before is just asking for even more trouble and i'm pretty sure we would end up with a 5 and not able to get out.

What we need to do is play our best players and drop the ones who make costly mistakes every week, (Doherty) those that can't play football to the required standard (Coady, Edwards and Saville) How after 3 weeks Lambert hasn't recognised that Saiss is our best holding midfielder and that Cavaleiro is a better option on the left than Saville no matter how solid you want to be i'm not quite sure. It also seems that for some reason he believes that our problem is that the new players haven't got used to the Championship but hardly any of them are playing and i'm pretty sure that will just alienate them further.

He reiterated his point that we've got lots of new players with no experience of the league in his interview on the OS after the game yesterday. I'd say we'll be stuck with the shite for some time.

He reiterated his point that we've got lots of new players with no experience of the league in his interview on the OS after the game yesterday. I'd say we'll be stuck with the shite for some time.

Yeah exactly he's got it totally wrong already and that's pretty poor. In our best performance of the season at Newcastle 6 of the new players played and the same players played in the game after when we beat Brentford. We still had 6 at Wigan but Bod was injured and we changed our style of play and we haven't been the same since.

Yeah exactly he's got it totally wrong already and that's pretty poor. In our best performance of the season at Newcastle 6 of the new players played and the same players played in the game after when we beat Brentford. We still had 6 at Wigan but Bod was injured and we changed our style of play and we haven't been the same since.

This is what I'm most surprised about. It's almost like his thoughts were preordained and I don't want a manager that does that. If he loses or only gets a point from the next 3 games I think Lambert and Thelwell will be gone.

We need a new culture and January gives us this perfect time to do it

Lambert's certainly not doing himself any favours.

Just listened to Dave Edwards' post match interview from yesterday. "We need to focus on getting a 0-0, a point. Anything else is a bonus."

I hate this.

This is what I'm most surprised about. It's almost like his thoughts were preordained and I don't want a manager that does that. If he loses or only gets a point from the next 3 games I think Lambert and Thelwell will be gone.

We need a new culture and January gives us this perfect time to do it

I honestly didn't think it was going to be like this. He's had time out of the game and apparently been to Germany and seen a lot of Bayern and Dortmund etc but it really doesn't look like it or he's just been affected by Villa that much. I'm with you that if he doesn't pick up points soon he will be gone because the fans will turn pretty quickly i think.

Just listened to Dave Edwards' post match interview from yesterday. "We need to focus on getting a 0-0, a point. Anything else is a bonus."

I hate this.

It's absolute bullshit isn't it, what the actually fuck? How about we focus on playing good football and winning games? PL was saying yesterday that we need to be more streetwise, personally i think we need to be more organised, look like we have been coached, play attacking football and play our best players but that's asking too much by the looks of it. Yesterday has really pissed me off.

Ikeme

Iorfa Stears/Baath Hause Silvio
Saiss Price
Costa Coady Cavalerio
Dicko

Coady as the 10/midfielder to make us a bit more solid as we have Costa and Cav away from home. If he's rubbish swap him for Tex

I'd rather play Edwards there than Coady. They're both woeful technically but at least Edwards might grab you a goal. Coady hasn't scored a league goal for us in over 50 appearances.

I'm not sure you could play Costa, Cav and Tex with our defence at the moment. Just my opinion

Back