• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

QPR (A) build up thread

I feel quite angry about that quote, probably as angry as I've been in quite some time with Wolves.
To me it seems that he is taking his lead from the pre-existing coaching staff as they have more "experience" of what the players we have are like. The trouble with that is I get the feeling that there is a clique within the club between the old coaches and the old players who seem to be upset with the influx of new players and are positively undermining them...

I know, that can't be happening with professional staff who are being paid to do the best for their employer...Can it?!

Of course it can. It happened before.

The club is rotten at the moment.

Guys, best not read Tim Mk II's Twitter. Some of his comments...

The same clique identified by Butti and/or Zenga which lead to them being banished from the dugout or whatever was going on in the Leeds game. Unfortunately we allowed that clique to win. Again.

This club will go nowhere but down for as long as they're in place

Simple thing.

Sack Lambert. Sack the entire coaching staff. Start again.

Plenty saying that PL isn't saying the right thing about the new players and that the old guard have had their chance...Mind you I couldn't help myself, I had to comment :surrender:

Simple thing.

Sack Lambert. Sack the entire coaching staff. Start again.

Sack Edwards, Mountain, Thelwell and Daley. Lambert has "his man" with him and he must have made some connections in Europe with forward thinking coaches who could do a job and blend the skilful players with the more robust. I'm not yet prepared to write Lambert off as a failure but he needs freeing from the clique coaches and told to sort it out sharpish!

Spiers with regards to Saville on the left:
I agree, doesn't work for me, but Lambert discovering this for himself. Three managers in a row have played Saville there.

The mind boggles as to why Lambert would need to discover this for himself. Is he simply not researching the team/past games, or is he receiving a blinkered view from only speaking to the players/coaches?

Tim Spiers ‏@tim_spiers_Star 12m12 minutes ago
@adpr84 don't agree that established players aren't good enough

Have a fookin word Tim, have a fooking word

Sounds like Lambert is making excuses already. We need to hear something positive not squad dividing comments.

We know some of the players are inexperienced in this type of football, so are Bright and Ronan but you picked them for the match squad.
The only way they will get experience is to play them.

'There are problems with the defence', no shit Sherlock.

I don't understand why he (Spiers) feels he needs to be an apologist for British managers and players.

he receiving a blinkered view from only speaking to the players/coaches?

Clearly been told he has played there. Clearly not told he does the square root of fuck all when played there though.

Watching him closely on Saturday - I cannot recall any contribution he made whether in defence or attack. He didn't protect the full back and he didn't support the attack. Worst case of that was when Costa ran across field and he needed a player out wide to play in but Saville was stood 20 yards behind him and made no effort to get forward and help. I hope that 1st half puts an end to the use of him there but I can't see it happening.

This is just so dissapointing, worrying & deeply depressing (I'm past being angry & anyway its not good for the stress levels)

Given that one of our biggest problems is in defence Silvio has had 1 start - whilst he didn't look like a world class player he did give the impression that he had a vague understanding of how to defend which most of the others haven't. CBJ not convinced on & whilst he is still an upgrade on Doherty he will not be here after Jan as suspect he will be recalled.

Cav has had bits & pieces only apart from when he was asked to play as a number 9 when Bod was out & Dicko not back. Its not his position & doesn't count. Put the skill levels of Edwards, Coady & Saville together & you still don't reach that of Saiss so why keep playing them.

Just hope that there is not really a dressing room fracture as this will take some pulling round

I think Lambert needs to speak to the fans again, and this time listen.

I think Lambert needs to speak to the fans again, and this time listen.

Too late, he can fuck off with Kevin Thelwell and the rest of the coaching cunts. Utterly fucking pathetic coup was staged and Thelwell and the FAW cunts won and we all have to watch as they destroy the club.

I am worried at what Fosun will do when we eventually get relegated. This is lower than I felt with Saunders in charge.

next team selection will be a defining moment I think. Same players in again and he's surely lost the plot, and the fans.

Article from Dave Edwards on the official website. Basically, saying that from the moment Lambert came in, they were told they were in a relegation fight. How many teams play attacking football to get out of the relegation zone? Basically (imo), we're going to be seeing these sort of team sheets until things stabilise...

If Lambert had any bollocks about him he'd go 4-2-3-1:

Lonergan
Silvio--Batth--Hause--CBJ
Price--Saiss
Costa--Tex--Cav
Dicko​

I'd even like to think he would go with the team shape that finished the game but with:

Lonergan
Silvio--Batth--Hause--CBJ
Saiss
Price--Edwards
Costa
Dicko--Cav​

However i think we will get:

Lonergan
Iorfa--Batth--Hause--Doherty
Costa--Price--Coady--Saville
Edwards
Dicko​

And frankly if that is the line-up I hope the fucker gets booed and gets the full abuse along with Thelwell. They both deserve it. I feel for anybody paying actual hard currency to watch the game at QPR.

I wonder if Stearman will keep his place in the side? I also feel we're not going to see Borthwick-Jackson again in a Wolves shirt.

Back