• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

QPR (A) build up thread

Meh, we aren't going to use him properly while he's here, he isn't our player, we might as well use our own kids. Stick him on the bench for Wilson if you like but it doesn't make much difference.

I'm in that 'cautiously optimistic' camp about Paul Lambert still. Seemed a sensible fellow who did an excellent job at Norwich and reasonable jobs in awful situations at Villa and Blackburn. Thought he'd come in, take a view, and get us into mid-table obscurity by the end of this season. Early days, so I still think that'll happen. Dean Saunders, he is not.

Howeverrrr, in the meantime he has talked some absolute nonsense over the last couple of weeks that is giving my cautious optimism and confidence something of a battering.

Please, please just put some midfielders on the pitch that are reasonably comfortable in possession, don't look like they are gonna flap and lose the ball if an opponent comes within 5 yards (if they even manage to get it under control in the first place!), and can actually pass a ball consistently.

When Lambert came in he had two weeks before the first game. Surely to god he watched videos of every Wolves game this season? And - ideally - last season. He must have seen that the English/Irish players aren't up to it? Or are we talking epic levels of laziness here? Can only repeat what I wrote on the vedict thread: he seems to have managed the remarkable feat of losing both the fans and the dressing room in two games

He's definitely not on the same level as Saunders, he has an actual track record of sorts for a kick off.

What he can't keep doing is making the same mistakes and expecting different results. If you send that left hand side out with those 2-3 central midfielders (given Edwards played more or less up front in the first half) then I can tell you for nothing that you'll create nothing. If you want to keep it tight and help us keep as many 0s and 1s against then don't pick Doherty because he always costs us goals. If you're working on defensive shape and organisation then it'd be helpful if we actually showed some evidence of that on a Saturday rather than it looking like an U10s team chasing about. If you want to play from the front foot as you suggest then it might be an idea to try keeping the ball rather than just aimlessly hoofing it three foot above Bodvarsson's head.

Options are severely limited at the back given form and general ability - plus it's worthless putting CBJ in there, he isn't going to play for us again - so I'd go:

------------------------------Ikeme----------------------------------

Coady---------------Batth----------------Hause-------------------Silvio

-----------------------Price------------Saiss----------------------------

-------------Costa----------Enobakhare----------Cavaleiro--------------

----------------------------Dicko------------------------------------------

Subs: Lonergan, Iorfa, Edwards, Herc, Ronan, Wilson, Bodvarsson

Yes but played 2 won nought goals nought shots on target under 5 in 2 games sets something of a negative tone. He is the manager. Pick a team to attack then in miught be different. Pick that shit at home and get deserved abuse

I gave him abuse of my own after Saturday, it's all there on the verdict thread. I would stop shy of comparing him to the worst manager in British football over the last 30 years. That's literally the only caveat I added there.

When Lambert came in he had two weeks before the first game. Surely to god he watched videos of every Wolves game this season? And - ideally - last season. He must have seen that the English/Irish players aren't up to it? Or are we talking epic levels of laziness here? Can only repeat what I wrote on the vedict thread: he seems to have managed the remarkable feat of losing both the fans and the dressing room in two games

Does this prick want to start from the lowest point ? If so he's on target

OK so late catching up with the news but if those comments are accurate from Lambert I think I may spontaneously combust. I Am hoping it has been taken out of context somehow or just a smokescreen. If he picks Saville on the LW again and sticks with the same dross I would fully support sacking him.

I pray we are wrong I cant take another 90 mins of that shit.

...cav......Dicko.....Costa
..............Tex...................
........Saiss......Price........
CBJ....Hause....Stears....Silvio
..............Ikeme................

It will never happen I know.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

----------------Ikeme

Iorfa----Stearman---Hause----Silvio

-----------Saiss-----Price
---------------Coady

Costa-------------------------Cav
---------------Dicko

Give Coady license to burst forward with the ball whenever possible as he's actually pretty good at that. Ideally it would be Prince there but he's not fit.
Edwards was another possibility but he'd end up playing up front again, which is totally against the intention of the selected midfield.
Silvio has to play, he's got genuine high level experience, which just might be all we need (unlikely but I intend to dream).
Would like to drop Iorfa but don't really have any other options except moving Stears to RB and bring Batth back. Which would be okay but I'd rather keep Iorfa. Just.
Bod looks shot so Dicko can come in. If he finally gets a goal, I think his confidence will return and he'll be a massive boost.
Lonergan is too much of a liability.
Saville at LW is an excusable cowardly selection with no benefits and should not be repeated. I think I'd genuinely prefer Edwards to play there. Or maybe we play our record signing?! Especially as all the creativity in this team is coming down the wings.
Despite picking three defensive midfielders, I do not mean in the KJ way of having them hold hands with the CBs.

This team might end up playing KJ ball and fail miserably but I'd give it a go.

Wigan's win at Huddersfield tonight means we're only out of the bottom 3 on goals scored, so if we lose on Thursday we're in the relegation zone. Happy days.

A proper 433 for me with Saiss (should be no further forward than a DM) and Cavaleiro (minimal defensive responsibilities) in the roles that suit them most.
433 presents a problem in central midfield then however, but I'd select two players with energy and capable going forward. Ronan is the first by a mile. Then we have a problem! Unfortunately if Prince is not fit then Edwards may have to play. Ronan should be a starter though for sure in this formation. Proper all-round, all-action midfielder who actually wants the football.

....................Ikeme

Coady.....Batth......Hause......Silvio

....................Saiss
............Ronan.....Oniangue/Edwards

Costa............Dicko............Cavaleiro

Lonergan, Doherty, Iorfa, Price, Edwards/Teixeira, Enobakhare, Bodvarsson

We simply cannot afford to lose at Loftus Road. My big worry is that we will go there playing for a draw. Though I hope I am wrong.

Unfortunately I think you are right Frank, that will be our approach. And it won't be pretty.

All this front foot football speak is a load of shite it appears. Unless he meant aimless hoofs. He must have enjoyed KJ's football last season or something

Unfortunately I think you are right Frank, that will be our approach. And it won't be pretty.

All this front foot football speak is a load of $#@!e it appears. Unless he meant aimless hoofs. He must have enjoyed KJ's football last season or something
He went on record as saying our 0-0 versus Blackburn last year was one of the worst games of football he's ever seen. Now it would appear he sees it as aspirational

Anybody that wants entertainment can turn over and watch I'm a Celebrity, we need points to stay in this god forsaken division. Ditch the show boaters and let's get back to basics.
Ikeme
Iorfa Batth Stearman Hause
Coady Price Edwards Doherty Saville
Dicko

That starting eleven gets us in the top half of the table by the end of March.

We need to start court proceedings against Mendes at the earliest opportunity, our summer window transfer business must be one of the worst in world club football history. Perish the thought of watching these lightweights airy fairying around League One grounds.

Are you actually playing Doherty is central midfield???? [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

I'd take the back 5, but that midfield is proper rancid.

Anybody that wants entertainment can turn over and watch I'm a Celebrity, we need points to stay in this god forsaken division. Ditch the show boaters and let's get back to basics.
Ikeme
Iorfa Batth Stearman Hause
Coady Price Edwards Doherty Saville
Dicko

That starting eleven gets us in the top half of the table by the end of March.

We need to start court proceedings against Mendes at the earliest opportunity, our summer window transfer business must be one of the worst in world club football history. Perish the thought of watching these lightweights airy fairying around League One grounds.

Well done on typing the biggest load of bollocks ever written on here. With the referendum thread active that is quite an achievement. That eleven would get us relegated. Drop the useless jacket cack. Play the new players. Sack the coaches. Thank fuck mendes was there.

That eleven would give me nightmares

If we thought playing Saville on the left wing was stupid then Coady on the right!!!!! :paperbag_125::facepalm:

And Doherty in midfield :ursofunny:

Being :burp: would be the only way you could watch that

It fucks me off when people come on here to type shite they have no belief in just to get a response. It's quite sad that's how they measure their worth in life really.

Back