• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

QPR (A) build up thread

He keeps getting bites though so he'll keep dropping the bait. Wummery at it's best.

obv things have been shite lately but we've won at blues and Newcastle and should have won at Villa. We did that by being a serious threat going forward. I'd expect any serious manager to recognise that as well as realising we're devoid of confidence, defensively naive and not sufficiently organised. I don't think you need to be a tactical genius in this division, but as even Zenga showed in those matches, you have to believe and to give your team belief. I've not seen all of Lambert's comments but the ones I have seen to talk us down rather than up.

Well done on typing the biggest load of bollocks ever written on here. With the referendum thread active that is quite an achievement. That eleven would get us relegated. Drop the useless jacket cack. Play the new players. Sack the coaches. Thank fuck mendes was there.

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

So the players on the fringes "need to do more" what about the players in the squad who are incapable of more and are clearly not good enough??

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Anybody that wants entertainment can turn over and watch I'm a Celebrity, we need points to stay in this god forsaken division. Ditch the show boaters and let's get back to basics.
Ikeme
Iorfa Batth Stearman Hause
Coady Price Edwards Doherty Saville
Dicko

That starting eleven gets us in the top half of the table by the end of March.

We need to start court proceedings against Mendes at the earliest opportunity, our summer window transfer business must be one of the worst in world club football history. Perish the thought of watching these lightweights airy fairying around League One grounds.

My eyes my eyes arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Has he even looked at their playing stats?

Bod - used when fit, fair enough
Costa - Took a while to get a run and when he did, generally our best player
Saiss - Best Midfielder by a $#@!ing country mile in the few games he has played. Anyone who thinks Coady is better than him needs their bumps feeling
Ivan - Hardly started and again anyone who thinks George Saville is a better option better get those bumps double checked
Tex - In and out and never in the correct position

Gladon - He can have that one despite just 2 chances to shine
John - Not going to play anyway as he is crocked
Prince - Crocked but never played in his correct position
Silvio - 1 start in the League? (has the OG done for him at Wolves?)

If Lambert persists with the old guard whilst leaving vastly superior players on the sidelines then he might as well prepare for job hunting in January.

My new hope is after 6 months Fosun have got to grips with the club......and then rip the whole thing up from top to bottom. Anyone here from the previous ownership - So long and thanks for whatever you did. Don't care how highly rated they are as coaches, key staff etc. Top to bottom restructuring.

Bang on

Anybody that wants entertainment can turn over and watch I'm a Celebrity, we need points to stay in this god forsaken division. Ditch the show boaters and let's get back to basics.
Ikeme
Iorfa Batth Stearman Hause
Coady Price Edwards Doherty Saville
Dicko

That starting eleven gets us in the top half of the table by the end of March.

We need to start court proceedings against Mendes at the earliest opportunity, our summer window transfer business must be one of the worst in world club football history. Perish the thought of watching these lightweights airy fairying around League One grounds.

So you want to play a team that failed miserably when given the chance for the entire season 15-16 and 6 or 7 of whom were on the "Must be Replaced" list for many on here ? Please pass the crack pipe. This is what I think of your team

Ikeme- the 2016 version of Ikeme is one who does not command his area, is slow off his line, is poor with his distribution and gets beaten from 30 yards on a regular basis. At best a Championship standard keeper- at worst a liability.
Iorfa- Regressing quicker than Benjamin Button. The Iofa of 2015 was 3 times the player this one has been so far this season and he is lucky to get picked.
Batth- Turning circle of the QE2, distribution skill of a parks footballer, and only playing because we really are dire with our centre halves
Stearman-He has been consistent. Consistently bad. The little pace he had which enabled him to cover his mistakes has now gone. Panic loan that has not worked.
Hause- Still capable of giving the opposition to much time and silly mistakes.
Coady-2million for him and he looks generally awful. Please tell me how much he creates or stops? Headless chicken
Price- An OK holding midfielder if played with a number of creative players alongside. but I thought we were looking to improve on that standard with Fosun
Edwards- meep meep its road runner. Scores once every 20 games and always gives 100% but is just not good enough
Doherty- Midfield. What can I say? If you had put him on the right side and suggested he learn to be a winger and lose 2 stone at the very least I could have said you would have eliminated his defensive incompetence. He performed really well from January to May. Since then he has been absolute dog shit and would not make many league 2 sides let alone league one.
Saville? Left midfield? You may as well put Lonergan there because they are both about the same standard on the left wing.
Dicko- Lets put him up top without support and without any creation behind him. That will end well.

That team collectively could not and would not score in a brothel. At best it gets you a 0-0 at home to Wigan or Rotherham. It gets dicked every week if it goes behind. The only thing it has going for it is that collectively your post should be the last time every one of those names appear together on a Wolves team sheet.

Last edited by a moderator:
If Doherty, Saville and Coady are playing, then I will not be watching.

Lambert talking absolute shite. The only stats that count are goals scored (0) and goals conceded (2), everything else is window dressing and only counts within the context of the game.

If we're picking players based on stats then we may as well just accept relegation now.

It always perplexes me just how much people look into interviews with the players, head coach etc.

Baseless nonsense words - whether I agree with them or not - just don't get me that wound up.

I won't feel quite so calm if Lambert persists with these nonsense lineups because actions speak louder than words.

I'm perfectly fine with Lambert's interviews. Might start to get a bit pissed off when they come with subtitles and I can actually tell what he's saying though...

There must be a chance that Kenny Jackett is the studio pundit at Loftus Road. Hopefully he would give his thoughts on Paul Lambert's team selections.

There must be a chance that Kenny Jackett is the studio pundit at Loftus Road. Hopefully he would give his thoughts on Paul Lambert's team selections.

"Paul's got his selection spot on there if he's aiming for 0-0, they've got every chance of coming away with a point."

What I'd love to see:

Ikeme

Coady Batth Hause Silvio

Price Saiss

Costa Teixeira Cavaleiro

Dicko

What we'll probably see:

Lonergan

Iorfa Batth Hause Doherty

Price Coady

Costa Edwards Saville

Dicko

If Saville starts then serious questions need to be asked.

I think they must be reading the forums latest interview on main site is a little different. Sorry can't link as on phone but have a look. He mentions both the need to attack and the "foreigners" using that word. Proof will be tomorrow night Cav and Saiss in and for god's sake drop Doc for CBJ.

I wish the interviews and media soundbites didn't wind me up but lately I have read and heard stuff that makes the blood boil.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Like Norman Deeley says, I think I'm going to need subtitles for Lambert interviews, not only because of his thick Scottish accent, but because the things he says don't always make sense to me.
He seems to argue against himself and then throw in random words. Maybe it's me.

Back