• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Cardiff (A) build up thread

Lycan

Proud Resident of Coventry
Reaction score
This is looking like a huge game now.

Not sure what's happening with Ikeme/Lonergan so have to assume for now that Burgoyne will play again. Not entirely sure what to do about the 4 in front of him though, every combination looks a poor one. Iorfa apparently had another stinker so CBJ in for him maybe?

Burgoyne

Doherty Batth Hause Borthwick-Jackson

Price Saiss

Costa Edwards Cavaleiro

Dicko

SUBS: Flatt, Iorfa, Bodvarsson, Enobakhare, Teixeira, Saville, Coady​

Silvio rb and Stearman for Hause if it were me, otherwise I like your team. We don't have a lot of older heads so should include those two to try and keep the rest organised...

I would go 4131, but there is an argument that says we can't defend so should go full out Keegan, 442 with Edwards and Saiss in the middle. As Lycan says I don't think it makes much difference who is in the back four, I'd play Silvio, but I'm pretty sure Lambert won't as he can't even make the bench and 'we have more cast than Ben Hur', so expect him to be paid off in Jan. Ikeme should be back apparently, so I'd bring him back in.

I am not sure that I would pick Dicko. He is a shadow of the player he was before his injury, but the problem is we don't have a striker that can score. So probably not too many options in that department.

I would like to see that midfield of Price and Saiss, just to ease the burden on Saiss as the only passing midfielder.

As an aside, did anyone see that Cardiff player lose his shit yesterday?

Not sure what the team is going to be, i'll be reasonably happy if Coady isn't in it but there's only really Price to play there unless we do go with the idea that Doherty could play there which we won't. Not sure it makes much difference which striker you have upfront as they pretty much give the same thing right now effort but without a finish and if Silvio is fit he has to play in one of the full back positions but again can't see it happening. If we had another centre back that i trusted i would still drop Batth but we have only got Stearman so not to sure on that either.

Also for some crazy reason i am actually going to this and we really should be going to get all 3 points. Get the ball to Costa and Cav early and get up and support them.

I would go 4131, but there is an argument that says we can't defend so should go full out Keegan, 442 with Edwards and Saiss in the middle. As Lycan says I don't think it makes much difference who is in the back four, I'd play Silvio, but I'm pretty sure Lambert won't as he can't even make the bench and 'we have more cast than Ben Hur', so expect him to be paid off in Jan. Ikeme should be back apparently, so I'd bring him back in.

I think we already do when we start Coady.

I'd expect a few changes; must be a few knackered players in the dressing room...

Coady and Dicko need to step back for a game or two. Price and Bod to come in.

Coady and Dicko need to step back for a game or two. Price and Bod to come in.

Agree with that.

Would prefer to see Silvio at the back, but doubt that Lambert is going to oblige with that.

Would be nice to put one over on Warnock

Burgoyne

Coady Batth Hause Doherty

Costa Edwards Saiss Cavellero

Bodvarsson Dicko

Play to win- you know youre going to concede. Full out Keegan is better than a snore fest 1-0 loss

--------------------------------------Ikeme/Burgoyne (Burgoyne did enough for me to suggest he's better than Lonners, who is fucking useless)

Silvio(if he can be located)/Iorfa----Batth------Stears---------Doherty

--------------------------------------Price------Saiss

------------------Costa------------------Edwards---------------Cav

-------------------------------------------Bod

Or maybe not. I'm not sure I know what team I'd play atm.

Ikeme/Burgoyne

Silvio
Batth
Stearman
CBJ

Saiss
Price
Edwards

Costa
Dicko
Cavaleiro

Ikeme/Burgoyne

Silvio
Batth
Stearman

CBJ

Saiss
Price
Edward

Costa
Dicko
Cavaleiro

This team, doubt PL will agree. need to give Dicko more playing time, once he starts scoring, and use to finding the net, he'll be fine, just needs to build his confidence up,from what I'm reading on here,his pace and pressing defenders is still there ?

don't know what happened there with the Quote !!
hell of a gap between mid field and the front 3 !! :icon_smile:

Mr Gloves isn't getting dropped any time soon...

CzeB5SJXcAAmS5m.jpg

So whoscored don't do ratings for 1 v 1 defending then...

Matt Doherty currently the only link between back and front unless we go full on hoof ball.

Burgoyne did enough for me to suggest he's better than Lonners, who is fucking useless)

Just be happy we don't have Fulham's keeper. Appalling player and has no right be in goal in the Championship

Back