• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Derby (H) Build-Up 5/11/16

Should have been at least 3 down. Decent effort second half. Cav and Edwards did well. Coady better second half. Lonergan made some good saves. Batth and iorfa had stinkers

Informative gave for Lambert, all that. If someone can just make us fucking consistent then we won't have relegation worries at all but right now...

We need to be playing Edwards as an attacking midfielder behind Bod. With Cav and Costa out wide it works well with 2 guys to aim at in the box. Saiss and Coady holding is fine. As for the defence I think Stearman has to come in for someone, Iorfa was worse than Batth for me but they were both shocking.

Will do a proper match report later but I have to say this... Dave Edwards fucking superb!!! Not just the goal he was like a machine 2nd half. That Edwards plays every week. Also Cav ripped em to bits 2nd half. We deserved a point how is that the same players from the first half????

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

The lads in the studio say it was never a Derby penalty and IF it was, we should have had one too.

Consistency from the referee is key - and once again, unfortunately for us, there was absolutely none from the man in the middle today.

Then there was the potential handball and the clip on Doherty too. Personally I think we'd got a bit desperate by that point, but the referee created the issue himself.

Will do a proper match report later but I have to say this... Dave Edwards $#@!ing superb!!! Not just the goal he was like a machine 2nd half. That Edwards plays every week. Also Cav ripped em to bits 2nd half. We deserved a point how is that the same players from the first half????

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Edwards and Doherty were stand outs for me in the second half. I'll say one thing for Dave, he's a tremendous attacking header of a ball.

That said, and even allowing for the Ince penalty, we were second best on the day. We can't play like we did in the first half, be lucky to be only 2-0 down, and then expect to get a result.

Obvious difference for me is that Ince was clipped from behind, whereas cav *tried* to be clipped. The comms are talking bollocks with all that 'they're identical, if one's a pen so's the other'.

Obvious difference for me is that Ince was clipped from behind, whereas cav *tried* to be clipped. The comms are talking bollocks with all that 'they're identical, if one's a pen so's the other'.

Yep, absolutely right

I'll close this and open a verdict Thread.

I've opened it again for the time being as a conversation was breaking out and there's no point in that clogging the verdict thread up.

Wop - they were absolutely right in the studio. Just because there's contact, does not automatically make it a penalty. Football is NOT a non-contact sport. There was absolutely zero intent from Cav to foul Ince - it was an unfortunate coming together. But I'm far from convinced Cav went looking for a pen off Ince at the other end - he couldn't avoid Ince because he left his leg there. The look on Ince's face said it all.

Ridiculous lack of consistency from the referee and it should have been a penalty.

The assistant ref was right near it and didn't flag. The ref couldn't have a better view than his assistant. On the replay it WAS not a penalty.

Back