• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brighton & Hove Albion (A) build up 18/10

Lycan

Proud Resident of Coventry
Reaction score
Ikeme

Silvio Batth Hause Borthwick-Jackson

Saiss Edwards

Costa Teixeira Cavaleiro

Bodvarsson​

Tough game. Would take a point now.

Woul;d put Coady in for Edwards in your formation, not a great footballer but possibly more secure

Would a mod change the (H) to an (A) please?

In a tough game we should not be playing Edwards as part of a back two, harsh on Doc to drop him - he was OK today.

I'd go:

Ikeme
Doc Batth Hause CBJ
Saiss Coady
Costa Prince Cav
Bod

Silvio in for Iorfa, and one of Dicko, Tex or Cav in for Prince or Edwards. Keep the rest as it is and tell them to do it again.

I'm not looking forward to this, we're shit on Tuesdays

Ikeme

Iorfa. Batth. Hause. CBJ

Costa. Saiss. Coady. Cav

Bod. Dicko​

We were very good with this and a lot stronger in midfield than I though we were going to be.

Ikeme

Iorfa. Batth. Hause. CBJ

Costa. Saiss. Coady. Cav

Bod. Dicko​

We were very good with this and a lot stronger in midfield than I though we were going to be.

Stephens and Kayal will be a much tougher test than Westwood and Tshibola.

I've no doubt but we were very good yesterday and Saiss played brilliantly in a 2 and I didn't expect that. I'd also have Bod, Costa and Dicko to smash Dunk, Bong and Duffy to bits.

Thought Saiss and Bod were a bit off the pace first half (by their standards) but both superb after the break, Saiss is the midfielder we have been missing for ages, also think his inluence is having a beneficial effect on both Coady and Edwards

Ikeme

Iorfa. Batth. Hause. CBJ

Costa. Saiss. Coady. Cav

Bod. Dicko​

I'd like to see Tex for one of the forwards to shore up the midfield and provide a link. Although if we go for that option I'm sure Edwards would get the nod instead.

We will benefit from some fresh legs for Tuesday. It wonder if Wallace and Price will get a look in. Tex should play, although the lad needs to stop biting his nails !

Think Wallace and Price are way down the pecking order now, would need a run of injuries/suspensions for them to figure

Do we know if Costa was taken off due to injury or just to give him a rest?

We've got good options now for the front 3, Bod, Dicko, Costa, Tex, Cav, with Graham to come back and with Saiss in midfield backed by Prince, Coady and Edwards we're starting to look a strong squad apart from defence where choosing our best 4 is a bit like choosing one of the candidates for the US presidency.............least worst

I'd go:

....................Ikeme
Silvio......Batth........Hause.....Doherty
.....................Saiss
............Coady........Oniangue
Costa.............Dicko............Cavaleiro

Lonergan, Iorfa, CBJ, Edwards, Teixeira, John, Bodvarsson

Ikeme

Silvio/Iorfa
Batth
Hause
Doherty/CBJ

Saiss
Coady
Edwards

Caveleiro/Costa
Dicko
Teixeira

Ikeme; Silvio, Batth, Hause, Doherty; Saiss, Oniague, Coady; Cavaleiro, Bodvarsson, Dicko

Subs: Lonergan, Iorfa, Stearman, Borthwick-Jackson, Edwards, Costa, Teixeira

I reckon Costa might get the evening off after being battered by Villa. Maybe swap Prince for Tex if we go 442.

Back