• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brighton & Hove Albion (A) build up 18/10

Would it be too risky to play 4-4-2 against these?

Ikeme

Iorfa - Batth - Hause - Doherty

Costa - Saiss - Coady - Cavaleiro

Dicko - Bodvarsson

Attack attack attack!!

Just seen on Twitter that we've sold 746 tickets from the 1,450 allocation. Many making the trip from here?

Norwood isn't a patch on Kayal, so that's good news for us.

I don't think Costa or Cav could play as orthodox wingers in a 4-4-2. Not to any particularly great effect anyway.

Really don't see Zenga changing our default setup any time soon.

Just seen on Twitter that we've sold 746 tickets from the 1,450 allocation. Many making the trip from here?

Daily reader and very occasional poster looking forward to the game tomorrow. My lad is in his first year at Sussex Uni so it's a great opportunity to kill two birds with one stone.

We probably take in around 6/10 games a year, but this the first one this season for both of us. Needless to say we're particularly looking forward to seeing the new guys.

I think the last 'away' we went to was the 2-2 at Ipswich with Grant Holt on the bench. Sounds like the club is dining at a different table these days.

I'm going if I can actually get there.

Guessing you're planning on the train? If so I wish you the best of luck! Not checked myself as I'm driving but a few mates who live in Sussex & commute to London have been unable to get to work due to the Southern strikes.

Daily reader and very occasional poster looking forward to the game tomorrow. My lad is in his first year at Sussex Uni so it's a great opportunity to kill two birds with one stone.

We probably take in around 6/10 games a year, but this the first one this season for both of us. Needless to say we're particularly looking forward to seeing the new guys.

I think the last 'away' we went to was the 2-2 at Ipswich with Grant Holt on the bench. Sounds like the club is dining at a different table these days.

First of the season for me too. Travel distance & having a new born have kept me away for the start of the season but hoping to get to more games over the winter period. This is the 1 game a year I go to with my dear mother, so very much looking forward to it.

I've only seen the TV games & as many highlights as I can so far this season so not best placed to comment on the starting 11 but I'd really like us to provide more of a threat than we did on our new years day visit. Although we won it really didn't feel deserved. I genuinely think we have enough attacking options from what I have seen to cause any team in this league real problems - Here's hoping that the team bother to turn up tonight and make a game of it!

Some stats from The Beeb...

Match facts
◾Brighton have only won one of their last 10 league games against Wolves (D6 L3).
◾Wolves kept clean sheets in both games against the Seagulls last season - they had only kept three clean sheets in their previous 24 league games against Brighton prior to last season.
◾Brighton have kept more clean sheets than any other Championship side so far (seven in 12 games).
◾Wolves have won just two of their last nine away league games (D3 L4), managing only one clean sheet in the process.
◾The Seagulls have had just four different goalscorers in the league this season; the fewest of any Championship side.
◾Danny Batth has made 143 clearances in the Championship this season; at least 16 more than any other player

◾Danny Batth has made 143 clearances in the Championship this season; at least 16 more than any other player

Interesting stat that. Key player for us IMO. It's a shame he isn't a bit better with the ball at his feet but you can't have it all.

That could be a bit of a wooly stat I think, half his clearances could have been situations where another player would've took a touch or played a simple pass.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

That could be a bit of a wooly stat I think, half his clearances could have been situations where another player would've took a touch or played a simple pass.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Not so much this season. Massive improvement on his ability when playing out from the back, Not perfect but he is certainly looking for the pass first rather than punting it straight away

Not so much this season. Massive improvement on his ability when playing out from the back, Not perfect but he is certainly looking for the pass first rather than punting it straight away
It was just a general comment on how things are categorized for the stats rather than anything against Batth personally.

Mason not included tonight due to injury

Injured ? he only played for 10 minutes on Saturday FFS

Injured ? he only played for 10 minutes on Saturday FFS

You are aware that Wolves hold training sessions right? I'd imagine that the odd game of football often breaks out at these gatherings.

You are aware that Wolves hold training sessions right? I'd imagine that the odd game of football often breaks out at these gatherings.

He got the injury in the game, picked up in a challenge. Obviously his body should have been aware he had only been on a few minutes and got on with it.

Tony Daley knacked himself 30 seconds into his first comeback.

Fitness wise as a squad this must be the best Wolves have been all season.

Some stats from The Beeb...

Match facts
◾Brighton have only won one of their last 10 league games against Wolves (D6 L3).
◾Wolves kept clean sheets in both games against the Seagulls last season - they had only kept three clean sheets in their previous 24 league games against Brighton prior to last season.
◾Brighton have kept more clean sheets than any other Championship side so far (seven in 12 games).
◾Wolves have won just two of their last nine away league games (D3 L4), managing only one clean sheet in the process.
◾The Seagulls have had just four different goalscorers in the league this season; the fewest of any Championship side.

Danny Batth colossus, hope he starts getting the recognition he deserves. Good test for him tonight.

Back