• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Derby (H) Build-Up 5/11/16

Langers

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm going to this one but a bit apprehensive given the current circumstances.

I'd bring in Silvio and Cav and give Bod a rest.

Ikeme (if fit); Silvio, Batth, Hause, Borthwick-Jackson; Saiss, Coady; Costa, Texeira, Cavaleiro, Dicko

Subs: Lonergan (unless he's starting), Iorfa, Oniague, Edwards, Wallace, Enobakhare, Bodvarsson

Don't think the back 4 will change. Lonergan will play, with the injury Ikeme has you can't risk him unless it is 100% sorted.

Bod needs a rest, fucking Brentford have snapped him and turned him in to Paul Gladon. Also no way Edwards is getting dropped either, it's against the law

Going to this as well. Given the way Edwards lined up against Blackburn I can't imagine that it'll be a particularly exciting game.

What I'd do:
Lonergan
Silvio
Batth
Stearman
Doherty

Coady
Saiss

Costa
Teixieira
Cavaleiro

Dicko

I expect, Doherty at rb, Hause at ch, CBJ at lb, Edwards in midfield, Bod up front. I do think he'll start Cav though.

What I'd go with (If Ikeme is fit swap him in for Lonergan)

Lonergan, Silvio, Batth, Stearman, CBJ, Saiss, Edwards, Costa, Teixiera, Cavaleiro, Dicko

What I think we'll see

Lonergan, Doherty, Batth, Hause, CBJ, Saiss, Coady, Edwards, Costa, Cavaleiro, Bodvarsson

Annoyingly Derby seem to be coming out of their slump, only one defeat in their last 6 league games.

My first live match for some time so hope a better team is selected than against Blackburn. I haven't seen them lose for a few visits now so hope my good luck continues.
Looking forward to meeting up with a few of the 'faces' !

You haven't bought the weather with you. Hence welcome back to freezing cold
Wolverhampton

Bah. Annoyed to be missing this both live and on TV as I'm in Nottingham meeting up with some old school mates. We always do shit against Derby on TV anyway (Well for a while now).

Bah. Annoyed to be missing this both live and on TV as I'm in Nottingham meeting up with some old school mates. We always do $#@! against Derby on TV anyway (Well for a while now).
Beat them on tele at home the last two seasons. Got battered away on tele as well

One thing you can guarantee....there'll be fireworks.

FWIW my team would be:

Ikeme

Silvio - Batth - Stears - Doherty

Saiss - Coady

Costa - Edwards - Cavaleiro

Dicko

Yeah I probably would have Tex there too.

I'd go with this lineup personally:

Ikeme/Lonergan

Silvio - Batth - Stears - CBJ

Saiss - Coady

Costa - Teixeira - Cavaleiro

Dicko​

Won't happen though. Doherty and Edwards will be shoe-ins and Wallace will probably start again.

25187553.jpg

I think this one is my second favourite now, just behind Wolves vs Norwich cover

Looks from that video that Jack Price is available again.

He is, confirmed by Edwards today as was Ikeme being out of the Derby match and Nigeria's Internationals

I'm going to this one. Really hoping I'm the catalyst that turns our season round. I can see us struggling again though. We have tried to integrate too many light weight foreign pansies into the team, and it never works in the Championship.
I'm predicting a 1-1 score draw, and a poor attendance.

Back