• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

QPR (A) build up thread

But there'd be a twist!

Given his noble, hard-working character, Edwards would leap up and give DW a hefty slap for the team... resulting in Coady also getting his head pulped.

But Lambert would still pick both for the next match citing their spirit and energy off the ball negated the need for a working head or brain!

I have just been talking to a friend about tonight's game, when he mentioned that Ikeme used to play for QPR. I thought Wolves had been his only club?

I didn't know that Ikeme had been on loan at Loftus Road. Though I think I recall him being on loan at Leicester for a short while.

I didn't know that Ikeme had been on loan at Loftus Road. Though I think I recall him being on loan at Leicester for a short while.

From Wiki:

Years Team Apps (Gls)
2003– Wolverhampton Wanderers 164 (0)
2004 → Accrington Stanley (loan) 3 (0)
2005–2006 → Stockport County (loan) 9 (0)
2009 → Charlton Athletic (loan) 4 (0)
2009 → Sheffield United (loan) 2 (0)
2010 → Queens Park Rangers (loan) 17 (0)
2010 → Leicester City (loan) 5 (0)
2011 → Middlesbrough (loan) 10 (0)
2011 → Doncaster Rovers (loan) 5 (0)
2012 → Doncaster Rovers (loan) 10 (0)

You're striking an excellent balance of information and comedy Dan... Brilliant read

I'm genuinely concerned that I scanned the images prior to reading the article, and thought "that's daphne & celeste, that is..."

I'm genuinely concerned that I scanned the images prior to reading the article, and thought "that's daphne & celeste, that is..."

What with this, Orinoko Flow and Sadeness Part 1 you are not covering yourself in musical glory over the last few days.

DW - very funny as always.

I've never been so disillusioned. I've kept away, due to my disgust with the club regarding the unethical sponsor, but what has happened since the close season is nothing short of a bad joke. My prediction is a hammering, this evening, followed by a desperate battle where we get relegated. This is a reality, unless the 'old guard' of coaches and players are discarded, immediately. Poor show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have just been talking to a friend about tonight's game, when he mentioned that Ikeme used to play for QPR. I thought Wolves had been his only club?

So... we need to pick Ikeme so the curse of the ex-player scoring works for us this time?

In that case I'm putting money on Karl Henry getting only his 3rd League goal for QPR tonight

Depends... Is there anyone having a debut? What about someone who hasn't scored in a gazillion years? Might want to split your money.

Oh, don't forget the new manager bounce that they all have against us! Lump some cash on a QPR win too.

TV game too, we never those. Have I missed any other curses?

Judging by the comments on that piece, your downer on the team seems to have convinced the R's fans that they are in for a thrashing.
"Yep, if there's one club you want to face when you're feeling like the chap in this interview, it's us. Especially on Sky on a freezing Thursday evening."

What does this R's fan know? The only team to face when you've not won since Frank was a lad is Wolves, innit - shame we can't play against Wolves.

Back