• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

QPR (A) build up thread

I think they must be reading the forums latest interview on main site is a little different. Sorry can't link as on phone but have a look. He mentions both the need to attack and the "foreigners" using that word. Proof will be tomorrow night Cav and Saiss in and for god's sake drop Doc for CBJ.

I wish the interviews and media soundbites didn't wind me up but lately I have read and heard stuff that makes the blood boil.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

http://www.wolves.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/lambert-finding-a-win-3443965.aspx

Some of the things he says :facepalm:

Just repeat the same phrase a few time, good work Paul

I don't think ignoring the manager is really a viable option for supporters.

Maybe it should be seeing how worked up people get over it?

Jackett used to talk total BS in his interviews - even when we were in L1.

If he doesn't get the team performing, fine (and he's not exactly started well in that sense). But I very much doubt the stuff he says to our website is the message he puts across in training or in the dressing room.

Lambert has never struck me as the sort of manager who inspires fans with his comments in the media, and will just stick to tired old soundbites and clichés. I don't see the point of getting so het up about it.

As fans we need to see something to give us hope that there's an upturn around the corner. When he comes out and says stuff that's wildly at odds with what we've all just seen and assessments of players* that just seem massively out of kilter, then alarm bells are quite obviously going to ring. It's especially important for Lambert as I don't think anyone was doing cartwheels when we appointed him, at best people grudgingly accepted that we could have done worse and he had at least something impressive on his CV to point to. If he's serving up rubbish football with rubbish results then talking a load of rubbish as a follow up is only going to exacerbate matters. Football fans on the whole don't take kindly to someone pissing in their pocket and telling them it's raining.

*This bit has been a bit overblown I would agree, I don't think Lambert is necessarily going to indelibly draw a line between "Brits/Irish" and "Forruns" and nor is he really saying we're 21st because we have too many overseas signings. He'd do well to stop picking the worst of the former though, it's not complicated stuff.

Pretty much what DW said if it was the first manager to talk cack then pick a dreadful unbalanced side fair enough but it's beyond bad now and there is no excuse for it. We have some good players in our squad who can crest some excitement it would be great to see them start tomorrow.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

It boils down to gross mismanagement if Lambert actually thinks our most expensive signing ever and the other new arrivals have been given a fair chance. None of them bar Costa & Bod have started regularly and giving them a handful of sub appearances does not equal to a fair chance.

The Mendes signings are a clear improvement on the utter shit we have had stinking the place out for years now, and now it looks like Lambert is about to bin them off. That says it all really.

Will you fuckwits stop criticising the manager? He's analysed the situation and his conclusion is that "we have to win games." With insight like that I have no worries about the rest of the season...

The real Norman Deeley wouldnt be so rude...

Will you $#@!wits stop criticising the manager? He's analysed the situation and his conclusion is that "we have to win games." With insight like that I have no worries about the rest of the season...

Oh and Happy Birthday Norman ;)

It boils down to gross mismanagement if Lambert actually thinks our most expensive signing ever and the other new arrivals have been given a fair chance. None of them bar Costa & Bod have started regularly and giving them a handful of sub appearances does not equal to a fair chance.

The Mendes signings are a clear improvement on the utter $#@! we have had stinking the place out for years now, and now it looks like Lambert is about to bin them off. That says it all really.

+1 +1

Nice one Dan (spelling error aside)!

yep, you'd hope someone at the club would read that. hits a lot of the critical areas.

I think you can turn to horror now. assessing us has given you a crash lesson in writing it.

yep, you'd hope someone at the club would read that. hits a lot of the critical areas.

I think you can turn to horror now. assessing us has given you a crash lesson in writing it.

We have spoken to the club and Decided that DW would be a good motivational speaker for the pre match team talk. Here he is in action
Dan Lavelles team talk.jpg

great article Dan. Lets hope it can be forwarded to Jeff soon.

The suspense would be lacking, we'd all know he'd cave in Doherty's head!

But there'd be a twist!

Given his noble, hard-working character, Edwards would leap up and give DW a hefty slap for the team... resulting in Coady also getting his head pulped.

Back