• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

QPR (A) build up thread

Just bloody play Tex there. Fuck Edwards and Coady.
Of course, but we all know that isn't going to happen. In the world of technically bereft midfielders, Edwards is a better option than the £2m drain.

Just listened to Dave Edwards' post match interview from yesterday. "We need to focus on getting a 0-0, a point. Anything else is a bonus."

I hate this.

Me too mate. Sick of hearing all the bollocks spouted by that lot, 'we know we need to improve', 'we want to put on a show for the fans', 'we're working hard in training, the gaffer is great', blah blah blah.

Anyway...

Ikeme

Silvio Batth Hause CBJ

Saiss

Costa Teixeira Cavaliero

Dicko Enobakhare

I'm not sure you could play Costa, Cav and Tex with our defence at the moment. Just my opinion

You could if you had 2 players sitting who can actually pass the ball forwards. Play Saiss and Price because there is no one else and it could work. It would need coaching though and we could do something radical like all press as a team and at the right time instead of chasing the ball like a dog over the park whenever it gets near us.

I can see why people are trying to get Bod, Tex, Costa, Dicko and Cav into a starting 11, but I think it would leave us too open. Edwards for Tex and and the other 4 may just work as long as Saiss is the other midfielder in the 2, but a risk too far for me.

My choice should give the defence protection and give us some attacking flare and would be in a 4231:

Ikeme

Silvio
Batth
Hause
CBJ

Saiss
Price

Costa
Tex
Cav

Dicko

The danger is the gap between the holding midfielders and the 3, so puts a lot of pressure on Price and Saiss, but at least they can pass the ball. 5 of those probably won't start though

That back five is about the best we can hope for at the moment but we just know that Doherty, Edwards, Coady and Saville will all start in an uninspiring, defensive line up :icon_rolleyes:

That back five is about the best we can hope for at the moment but we just know that Doherty, Edwards, Coady and Saville will all start in an uninspiring, defensive line up :icon_rolleyes:
I genuinely believe that with the right mindset from the manager and player confidence, that side I put up is a centre half and left back away from being a Top 6-8 Championship side.

I'd be very happy to see your team play against QPR Tony

I would be delighted with that XI too, can't see it happening though.

So Lambert says the new signings have had their chance because they played a lot of games before he came in. Well the old guard have had years and are still shit but they keep getting chances. He's saying all the wrong things at the moment and i'm not sure he will be here long if it continues. Most fans want to see these new signings because we haven't seen them enough and our best performances have come with them in the team apart from Blues away.

So Lambert says the new signings have had their chance because they played a lot of games before he came in. Well the old guard have had years and are still $#@! but they keep getting chances. He's saying all the wrong things at the moment and i'm not sure he will be here long if it continues. Most fans want to see these new signings because we haven't seen them enough and our best performances have come with them in the team apart from Blues away.

Please tell me he hasn't said that! :facepalm:

I thought he'd been doing extra coaching/learning in Germany/Europe...Has that taught him nothing about working with skilful, foreign players and how to get the best out of them? So fucking blinkered! :rage:

Yes unbelievably he has said it, quoted in today's E&S saying they had plenty of chances before he came in.

He better start delivering on his rhetoric pretty quick as we are really in the shit

Just read that too, if its accurate its fucking dreadful.

I really want Lambert to succeed but he's coming across as a more unintelligible version of KJ

Fuck off Lambert. Just go. And this is why I was absolutely against employing a bloody British manager.

Yes unbelievably he has said it, quoted in today's E&S saying they had plenty of chances before he came in.

He better start delivering on his rhetoric pretty quick as we are really in the shit

Has he even looked at their playing stats?

Bod - used when fit, fair enough
Costa - Took a while to get a run and when he did, generally our best player
Saiss - Best Midfielder by a fucking country mile in the few games he has played. Anyone who thinks Coady is better than him needs their bumps feeling
Ivan - Hardly started and again anyone who thinks George Saville is a better option better get those bumps double checked
Tex - In and out and never in the correct position

Gladon - He can have that one despite just 2 chances to shine
John - Not going to play anyway as he is crocked
Prince - Crocked but never played in his correct position
Silvio - 1 start in the League? (has the OG done for him at Wolves?)

If Lambert persists with the old guard whilst leaving vastly superior players on the sidelines then he might as well prepare for job hunting in January.

My new hope is after 6 months Fosun have got to grips with the club......and then rip the whole thing up from top to bottom. Anyone here from the previous ownership - So long and thanks for whatever you did. Don't care how highly rated they are as coaches, key staff etc. Top to bottom restructuring.

$#@! off Lambert. Just go. And this is why I was absolutely against employing a bloody British manager.

That could be his "eye of the tiger" moment for me, it's perfectly Saundersesque. Like you I would have preferred a more progressive approach but I though PL was a sound if slighty boring appointment. Never did I think I would feel the same way towards him as I did towards Saunders.

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport...re-in-a-relegation-fight/#XEFF6cKOH5jCguLW.99

absolute drivel spouted by PL! Does he want a job? Absolutely the worst possible rhetoric , banal bollocks statements that get pissed off fans to curdling point. You absolute hoofw*nking bunglec**t to coin a well used Phrase. Sort it out and bloody quick.

He also says there that he understands the boos. I don't think he does at all. He's completely misread the situation here and empty platitudes about how big of a club we are or any attempt to point the finger at Walter Zenga wont help him at all.

Has he even looked at their playing stats?

Bod - used when fit, fair enough
Costa - Took a while to get a run and when he did, generally our best player
Saiss - Best Midfielder by a $#@!ing country mile in the few games he has played. Anyone who thinks Coady is better than him needs their bumps feeling
Ivan - Hardly started and again anyone who thinks George Saville is a better option better get those bumps double checked
Tex - In and out and never in the correct position

Gladon - He can have that one despite just 2 chances to shine
John - Not going to play anyway as he is crocked
Prince - Crocked but never played in his correct position
Silvio - 1 start in the League? (has the OG done for him at Wolves?)

If Lambert persists with the old guard whilst leaving vastly superior players on the sidelines then he might as well prepare for job hunting in January.

My new hope is after 6 months Fosun have got to grips with the club......and then rip the whole thing up from top to bottom. Anyone here from the previous ownership - So long and thanks for whatever you did. Don't care how highly rated they are as coaches, key staff etc. Top to bottom restructuring.
My worry is Fosun will see it as harder than they thought and write it off as a bad investment rather than throwing good money after bad.

Good grief. I was prepared to give him a shot after his Villa debacle and was actually slightly optimistic given his spell with Norwich but he's ruined that already. Absolute rot. It's on a par with Saunders.

Some going, Paul. Well done.

Back