• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Norwich Home FA Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd go full strength. They've had a break, we can play our strongest side.
I get this and it's a fair view. My counter would be that we have a tough February fixtures wise, have 2 more games than we should have in the second half of the season due to Covid and appear to be taking the Cup seriously. On top of this Moutinho has WC knock out games rather than friendlies in March which he'll play in. I'd have an eye on the longer term without wishing to take this game for granted.

I get this and it's a fair view. My counter would be that we have a tough February fixtures wise, have 2 more games than we should have in the second half of the season due to Covid and appear to be taking the Cup seriously. On top of this Moutinho has WC knock out games rather than friendlies in March which he'll play in. I'd have an eye on the longer term without wishing to take this game for granted.
Yes, we have tough games but we aren't getting any higher in the league in reality in my view, and we are unlikely to go down with the points we have. Given the lack of transfer activity we should go all out for the cup. Worry about the league once we are out. We could lose to Norwich with a weakened team and still lose all our games in February playing a strong team as we have to play tough teams

Ruddy
Kilman - Coady - Tote
Ki - Cundle - Donk - RAN/Jonny
Chiquinho - Fabio - Pod​

I’d rather not play Pod but not sure if Hwang is fit. If Jonny is ready be a good game for him to get a run out.

I don't agree that we can't finish higher. We have a much stronger chance of finishing 7th and probably making Europe than winning the Cup. A disappointing window doesn't change that really, it just means we have to trust the luck on injuries and suspensions. I wouldn't be writing it off and the side I picked in the first post is good enough to win, I'd just consider it in a wider context

I don't agree that we can't finish higher. We have a much stronger chance of finishing 7th and probably making Europe than winning the Cup. A disappointing window doesn't change that really, it just means we have to trust the luck on injuries and suspensions. I wouldn't be writing it off and the side I picked in the first post is good enough to win, I'd just consider it in a wider context
All makes sense too. Will be interesting to see what he goes with. Perhaps this is the match with the most variable / hard to call selections for a while? Kilman, Coady and Ruddy the only ‘certainties’, Fabio nearly one too I guess. Makes it interesting!

I think we can go fairly full strength with a couple of fringe players. Don't know why others want to drop both Neves and Moutinho, they are key to our success this season. I'm not even tempted to play Leander unless really necessary. I hate playing Ruddy too. Also remember we can make 5 subs in the FA Cup, so I'd rather get ahead and then consider some early subs IF comfortably ahead.

My team would be:

Sa
Kilman - Coady - Toti
Hoever - Neves - Moutinho - Ait-Nouri (or Marcal)
Trincao - Podence
Fabio

I could be tempted to have Podence on the bench, but HHC won't be fit enough who is the only person I think might be a suitable starting alternative.

I agree that it may be wise to rest Saiss, but I'd leave it up to him whether he should start.

Everybody has left out Semedo: is he injured? If not, I'd play him behind Trincao who I think if he scores could kick start his season.

Lots of subs available in the FA Cup, so I would use them later in the game if we're comfortable. (as jlo said :))

I agree that it may be wise to rest Saiss, but I'd leave it up to him whether he should start.

Everybody has left out Semedo: is he injured? If not, I'd play him behind Trincao who I think if he scores could kick start his season.

Lots of subs available in the FA Cup, so I would use them later in the game if we're comfortable. (as jlo said :))
I wouldn't leave Semedo out personally, I'd rather first team at the back apart from Saiss, isn't he carrying a dodgy hamstring from acon? Hopefully keep Norwich out and if it isn't going well in attack, change it up at half time.

For me it's because he's probably the second choice player that's got the fewest minutes in his legs tbh

I must be losing my marbles; who is "HHC"?

Fuck sake, obvious in hindsight. Cheers, Tredders.

Definitely worth typing that to save two letters. Wear and tear on keyboards is no joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back