• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Nottingham Forest 2-2 Wolves: Verdict Thread

The Bear

Euro 2012 PTG Champion
Staff member
Reaction score

A decent point given how the majority of the game went, how little control we had, and coming from behind. Though for all Forest's dominance they created very little chances from open play. Their 2nd goal came from purely jammy deflections straight into the path of their players.

Cunha the game changer for us and looked much more like himself for the most part. Hwang also helped with the equaliser when he came on with bundles of energy, although he faded quickly. Good to have 2 out of the 3 forwards back fit and playing together again. We always look better when we have 2 of them playing, no matter what the combination.

Now Cunha and Hwang are back together it gives us more hope for future games. And hopefully RAN can continue his form and not miss any more.

MOTM - Joao Gomes. Superb tenacity and battling energy whilst helping link play going forwards too.

Last edited:
A strange game. We notionally have something to play for but not really so we were more than a bit passive at times, they absolutely do have loads to play for and did the same.

We weren't very good. Think the comms summed it up fairly well in that you'll probably make it look a good game on MOTD as there was a fair bit of goalmouth action, but the general quality was poor. So many errors. They wasted a hell of a lot of good opportunities but we also missed a literal open goal. I don't think either team can complain with a draw.

We didn't actually learn a lot.

- Sa lets in very soft goals quite often
- Doherty is a fucking disgrace
- 3 CHs frequently makes us stodgy as all hell, but we have to do it because all the CHs we own are fundamentally flawed
- We don't have enough players, or indeed a single actual striker
- Cunha has magic in him
- Forest aren't very good and for all our flaws we'll finish miles above them

Yeah, well I could have told you all of that months ago.

I don't want to keep banging on about him but that has to be the end for Doherty. Do not ever pick him again. He is awful.

Doherty was indeed dreadful.

(This week 😉)

My main take was, if your going to play out from the back, try and have a plan of what to do with it

My main take was, if your going to play out from the back, try and have a plan of what to do with it
Get to the half way line, give it to Cunha, and then hope.

Doherty was laughable. He’s like ringer you’ve just had fill in as there’s no one else and you’ve just told him to keep it simple.

Kept getting acres of space (which I’m sure is by design from Forest) but led to absolutely nothing. Bueno came on and at least threatened down the outside once or twice even if the team was finished as an attacking force as soon as Cunha went off.

Truth or lie?
Sa was once again superb and couldn't be blamed for any of their goals
Kilman the leader and organiser the team needs, so lucky we have him
Doherty a passenger and his inability to control or cushion a pass has cost us 2 weeks running

This team continues to be defined by it's limitations, which is a shame

Doherty was laughable. He’s like ringer you’ve just had fill in as there’s no one else and you’ve just told him to keep it simple.

Kept getting acres of space (which I’m sure is by design from Forest) but led to absolutely nothing. Bueno came on and at least threatened down the outside once or twice even if the team was finished as an attacking force as soon as Cunha went off.
Hugo also blocked at least one cross. Which puts him at least 1-0 up on Bohemians Matthew this season.

With defending like that a point is the best you can hope for. GO really needs to react to what he’s seen in the team selection going forwards. If he can’t see Doherty is a complete passenger at best it is a massive blind spot. Give Bueno a run of games and see how he does, he really can’t be any worse.

Just glad they didn't beat us. MGW is a cunt. Welcome back Cunha - first goal was a contender for goal of the month, absolute beauty. 2nd goal was a scrappy affair but another great celebration from Cunha with a nod to Gibbs-Shite. Unless they get more points deducted I think Luton will keep Forest up sadly. Agree with everyone else on Doc, fucking shit signing it was and so it continues to prove

Really don't get it with H Bueno

If you're looking for someone to keep it simple surely he fits the bill. Actually a left sided defender and comfortable going down the line and crossing

🤷‍♂️

Sarabia was a disgrace today. Flounced around, literally jumped out of 50/50 tackles, kept giving possession away when a simple pass was on, threw his arms about like a toddler every time a decision didn’t go his way - and then obviously missed a sitter.

Considering he’s supposed to be one of the senior players, he certainly doesn’t lead by example. Should have been hooked far earlier than he was, but understand why he wasn’t given the options on the bench.

Shouldn’t be any more than a squad option next season.

Dawson done for the season it would seem
Surgery next week. Almost certainly done for the season then.

What a cracking second half of the season we’ve had with injuries. It’s almost like relying on the squad depth/luck we had pre-January was a completely idiotic call…

Back