• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Pompey fan here

BlueBoy92

Reaction score
Hi lads, just a quick one. We've been linked with your striker Dicko. Obviously this time of the year rumours are rife and 99% are bolloks. However i rememeber dicko when you were promtoted from league 1 and he was quality.

My question is could there be any truth in this rumour or is it just wishful thinking for a pompey fan ?

Good luck with next season !

Probably wishful thinking unless we bring in at least three strikers with Weimann not being retained.

Not a hope on that one.

But Ken should do a good job for you.

I've seen that Henry could be on his way there. He's class at that level.

Well he had a poor season last year after a year out injured but there were some flashes of the old Dicko towards the season end. We don't know who the new manager has lined up so it's just possible, especially if a decision is only based on last year but is unlikely. We'd probably want some serious money as well and I'm not sure how Pompeys finances are these days but a fully fit Dicko would probably be the best striker in L1.

No chance on Dicko I wouldn't have thought.

Dicko did his cruciate the season before last - before that he was one of the best strikers in the championship. He was mobile, strong and an excellent finisher, linked pretty strongly with Everton. Last season he struggled and clearly lacked confidence.

My guess is with a good pre season he could get back to where he was pre injury - he's still just as fast and strong, just needs the finishing knack again.

Can't see we'd let him go for what anyone would be prepared to pay after last season.

As said above, kenny jackett will do well for you though.

A don't think that even if there was a will at the club to sell him and that Portsmouth had the finances to buy him that the player himself would drop down a division.

On anywhere near his pre injury form he's too good for League 1.

Nouha only just signed a 4 year deal. Not a chance of that one happening.

Ken is the type of manager who will go back in for players he's worked with before though so I think you could see a few Wolves players heading in your direction. James Henry is the obvious one and I wouldn't be surprised if guys like Jack Price, George Saville or Ethan Ebanks-Landell dropped down to League 1 to work with Ken. He'll also know a lot about our academy so you could see him go in for guys like Conor Ronan, Morgan Gibbs-White, Donovan Wilson or Bright Enobakhare on loan.

I see, i have seen were heavily linked with james henry and heard good things. Again saville has been mentioned but upon reading how you guys rate him i think we'll pass.

Hopefully kenny does well for us. Thanks for the replies. Good luck !

James Henry was brilliant in his first season. Not the quickest, but always seemed to find a way past his man. Crossing was generally good and he chipped in with more than his fair share of goals.

Seemed to tail off after that, perhaps not quite up to the demands of the Championship.

Saville would be a good player in League One. By all accounts he was impressive for Brentford, hence why we picked him up.

To be fair, Saville would be fine in L1 and being honest we can be just a tad hard on players here. He's just about ok in a lower half Championship sides squad, somewhere like say Wolves last season. But we want promotion and he isn't good enough for that.

I see, i have seen were heavily linked with james henry and heard good things. Again saville has been mentioned but upon reading how you guys rate him i think we'll pass.

Hopefully kenny does well for us. Thanks for the replies. Good luck !

Saville would be fine if he dropped down to L1 again. He impressed there a few seasons back with Brentford, if I recall correctly.

Edit: :icon_lol: Too slow!

Millwall fans liked Saville when he was on loan there as well IIRC.

Millwall fans liked Saville when he was on loan there as well IIRC.

He's certainly capable of having an Excellent Adventure in League 1. His exploits in the Championship are more of a Bogus Journey though.

To be honest, Henry, Saville, Price and EEL would be a decent backbone for a newly promoted League 1 side. Three are proven at that level as decent-to-good players and EEL has played at that level as well (not sure how his loan spell at Sheff Utd panned out in the end but it seemed to start off OK) and would be a good base to shape a team around. I hope you bag all four but that's mainly for our sake more than yours as I don't want them here any longer as they're not good enough for what we should be looking to achieve. I'd be happy to lower the asking price for them to free if you took Doherty as well.

He's certainly capable of having an Excellent Adventure in League 1. His exploits in the Championship are more of a Bogus Journey though.

Not sure, I always found him to be a bit of a Lost Boy.

#Alexwinterknowledge

Back