• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Reading (H) Boxing Day Build-Up

So I just have two questions;

1) When will we get our hopes up by scoring first?
2) How long before we're behind and defending at the League 2 level?

So I just have two questions;

1) When will we get our hopes up by scoring first?
2) How long before we're behind and defending at the League 2 level?
12th min
48th min

1) 15th minute
2) 17th minute

Going ahead and being pegged back to level (or going behind just as quickly) is very reminiscent of us under Connor! Stoke, Bolton, Norwich, Wigan spring to mind, where we played well up until we scored, then we crapped ourselves! Isn't scoring supposed to give you confidence??!

1) 15th minute
2) 17th minute

Going ahead and being pegged back to level (or going behind just as quickly) is very reminiscent of us under Connor! Stoke, Bolton, Norwich, Wigan spring to mind, where we played well up until we scored, then we crapped ourselves! Isn't scoring supposed to give you confidence??!

We give teams too much respect. Kenny's constantly talking about how scary our next opponents are and how difficult the League is.

I think there is also a nervousness about having to defend a lead. We seem to just chuck players behind the ball rather than trying to keep a grip on the game, which we actually have good enough players to do in midfield.

Sounds like Doherty will be at left back again...

Not sure what Deslandes is doing wrong then, seeing as he has been given a chance in the cup (done well) and performed well in the u21s. Physically he looked more than ready when I saw him play too.

My guess at the line up;

Ikeme

Iorfa Batth EEL Doherty

Coady McDonald

Henry Edwards Graham

Afobe​

Not sure what Deslandes is doing wrong then, seeing as he has been given a chance in the cup (done well) and performed well in the u21s. Physically he looked more than ready when I saw him play too.
Think he is still a bit niave on the defensive side. Can't see us dropping him into a defensive unit that needs experience. Could do him more harm than good. If Williamson signs it might be a different story for him.

Ideally he needs a L1 or L2 loan spell.

A total dicking from Reading is on the cards. The only silver lining is that surely Jackett will be gone, should we be truly shafted. Hoping for a 3-0 win for us, but I just cannot see it happening.

Maybe when we bring Williamson back (which seems likely) we will bring him in. I'm not sure he needs the loan spell, though I know Jackett does like players to have had league games under their belt before he puts them in. Even Iorfa had a short spell at Shrewsbury.

I think we'll see Kortney Hause at LB in the second half of the season with Batth alongside a new CB (might be Williamson, might not be)*.

*If we keep Ken.

If Jackett is still here then that is a real possibility, yep.

I think we'll see Kortney Hause at LB in the second half of the season with Batth alongside a new CB (might be Williamson, might not be).

I hope not, he's a centre back and should be playing there.

Siggy is back on the bench

Price not on the bench. Is he injured?

Back