• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Sheff Utd 2-1 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Yes he was. He can play either side as he's two footed.
Physically he may be able; he didn't at all look comfortable on that side, though.

Not everyone can be Jonny "Either Side" Otto.

That's fine, we're all entitled to our subjective opinion. But that's all it is.

For me, crying and getting all that attention as a result is a deflection by an immature personality. You'd think it was a goal that relegated us.

Just because an appraisal is harsh it doesn't mean its wrong
I'll be honest, PK, I find the idea that crying equates to immaturity to be pretty damn unsettling.

He just cost us the game. He's allowed to feel ways about that.

He played there for Strasbourg numerous times. I even posted a link yesterday with multiple stills of him playing there on the right touchline. Football Manager lists him as an AMR as well as a CM. FBref lists his stats as an AM/Winger as well as a Midfielder. He can play in more than one position, it's not that difficult.
He didn't play right wing/ inside forward for Strasbourg.

Being on the right side for a still photo isn't the same thing.

You should've actually read the article you posted and if nothing else looked at his positions on a credible website not a computer game. Where you would've seen he's played on the left side of a 4 or central 3 plenty but never at right sided inside forward.

As for saying it's not difficult to play at different positions, this may be the most stupid thing I've read on here in the last half hour and that's going some with some of the guff on the matchday thread.

As for saying it's not difficult to play at different positions, this may be the most stupid thing I've read on here in the last half hour and that's going some with some of the guff on the matchday thread.
I meant it's not that difficult to understand for you.

Physically he may be able; he didn't at all look comfortable on that side, though.

Not everyone can be Jonny "Either Side" Otto.
Exactly, look at Hwang, he's terrible on the right but put him on the left cutting inside on his right foot and he's great.

But stick him in the penalty area and he's a finisher with any foot on any side.

It's such a strange hill to die on for Bear.

This is about where I'm at. Cyber is probably wanking himself silly somewhere cos we're the first team the Blades have beaten, but we've had results like this since Nuno's time.

Disappointing end to a decent unbeaten run, he seems a pretty quick learner so hopefully GON takes plenty from this.

Need to replace the Neto-shaped hole in the forward line sharpish though
I think everyone knew we were going to struggle to get a goal before the game but just hoped we’d get the first from something and then almost definitely win the game. Unfortunately through a bit of bad luck and terrible actions in the final third we go in 0-0.

Sheff Utd may be shit, but they’ve hardly been steam rollered by everyone. With Neto being out, Bellegarde not being fit, and beyond that I don’t really see any other creativity in the squad (Sarabia, alledgedly, but he’d have been garbage today) it was always going to be tougher than it could/should have been. So the way the game went going a goal down like that, I’d have just been happy with the point and just get out of there and just call it an off day. Unfortunately that shite at the end has robbed us again

I'll be honest, PK, I find the idea that crying equates to immaturity to be pretty damn unsettling.

He just cost us the game. He's allowed to feel ways about that.

You're just trying to put words in my mouth now.

Of course crying can be an immature reaction and of course crying can be a manipulative reaction. Unless you've never met other human beings, I can't see how that is a controversial observation.

Of course it doesn't mean all crying is immature ffs

I bolded the bit in question, I didn't put words in your mouth.

Crying can be a lot of things, you are choosing to believe he's doing it for attention. That's your right.

The game today. I don't think he even had a shot all game. He was far too languid and lacked any tempo. Some nice layoffs but ultimately ineffective at being an actual striker. Bellegarde scored and looks more threatening overall.

Keep Sasa as an impact sub.

Think this is a bit reactionary, not like he was the singularly ineffective player today. Relegating him to the bench after one game is silly.

Wow, quality behaviour from a mod on a power trip.

About time you were binned
Why so mad and aggressive all the time? Do you need a cuddle as well? Me being a mod has zero relation to the argument so stop trying to deflect.

He's played on both wings before as well as CM and AM. He can play in multiple positions. You were wrong, get over it.

It's the same every season. If you're a team without a win, or glued to the bottom of the league, then playing Wolves is the cure. We'll always come down to your level and put in a pathetic performance. When was the last time we put a bad team to the sword?
Reminds me of that season Huddersfield went down and only beat us, home and away, and maybe once or twice otherwise.

All is good here again. Nothing toxic. No, not at all.

We were pretty average first half. We were appalling second half. Probably deserved what we got. I don't think it was all down to no Neto...there were some bad decisions in front of goal (again) and poor defending for both their goals. I have no idea what Silva was doing but he wasn't defending. I don't think it was a penalty but that's just an opinion, once given I don't think it gets overturned by VAR. If it isn't given by the ref VAR don't overturn it. The decision is on the ref, nobody appealed...it was all on him.

I thought Lemina played really well, Doyle less so - he seemed to be in the periphery of the game (with Hwang) and there was nobody willing to run with the ball other than Cunha who usually ran into defenders.

I understand why Sasa played, he has to at some point, but I think that effectively meant three changes to our forward line and it looked like it. We know he is a decent finisher so creating zeronchances fir him, bar the one Ait Nouri stole, is criminal.

Semedo is terrible in the final third.

If we had left with a draw, we would have forgotten about this by 8pm.

Luckily as the other teams are so shit we still have our 7 point gap to the bottom 3 and probably still will after tomorrow.

An oblivious millionaire football player getting slagged off on a forum has fuck all to do with mental health.
Of course it does. No idea what being a millionaire footballer has to do with anything though. As I mentioned in my original comment i included twitter too. He probably doesn’t read this forum but he might, he definitely will see the comments to him on twitter and insta. I maintain that some of them are just not needed and people can be better.

Why so mad and aggressive all the time? Do you need a cuddle as well? Me being a mod has zero relation to the argument so stop trying to deflect.

He's played on both wings before as well as CM and AM. He can play in multiple positions. You were wrong, get over it.
The transfermkt link you think is the win is literally you not understanding how a front 3 works.

Fair play, I can't argue with stupid so I'll let you carry on it's something you clearly excel at.

The problem with the “clear & obvious” mantra has been highlighted this season and how it frazzles the minds of the VAR.
At Old Trafford it caused the non decision of the penalty and today and last week it caused them to stick with their calls. Go to the mantra of do you think it’s the right call and I guarantee decisions will become better.

The problem with the “clear & obvious” mantra has been highlighted this season and how it frazzles the minds of the VAR.
At Old Trafford it caused the non decision of the penalty and today and last week it caused them to stick with their calls. Go to the mantra of do you think it’s the right call and I guarantee decisions will become better.
Get rid of VAR and I am not sure that penalty is given. I am sure refs are hoping that VAR will give them an out. VAR is making referees worse.

I thought Sasa played well first half. Played some good one-twos in tight spaces and that jinked ball to [forgets who] was excellent. That's the second time he's surprised me with his passing so he's obviously some use as part of a dynamic forward line. Some good runs off the ball as well, though rarely picked up.

Not averse to us trying it again tbh.

Back