• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Sheff Wed (H) build up

Carrotdude

Reaction score
Really need to be winning this one, let's play Afobe and Dicko up top and get some goals. I hope both full backs change, Golbourne at least surely needs to be playing.

Agree with Golbourne in & Iorfa (dependant on why he's been missing for the last couple of weeks)

Where we are now, just go for it - if we come up short, then so be it, but at least we will have given every opportunity to get one of the 6 places that will count at the end of the season.

Real banana skin potential. This lot have won 8 aways games so no push over. Score very few but dont concede many I fear for us if they take trhe lead especially if its a second half lead as panic could set in and frustration from the fans. I am however hopeful of a 2-0 win

Will stick with my 3 - 0 prediction - Benick Afobe to score first

If we are to make the play offs then is a game we must win, and we will.

looking forward to coming over to see the next 2 important home games.

Latest in a run of 'must-win' games, none of which, it seems, we've won. But we're still up there. 2-1 to us.

If both Dicko and Afobe are to play (and I think this is the type of game they should, plus Ken seemed pleased with Dicko's contribution when he came on vs Brighton) then we have a pretty clear best XI when everyone is fit. Clearly Ikeme isn't fit so Kuszczak plays. Very few people would swap from the below with the one possible place up for argument being a choice between Henry and Van La Parra on the right.

-------------------Kuszczak--------------

Iorfa-------Batth------Stearman-----Golbourne

Henry/VLP----Price---McDonald------Sako

-------------Dicko-----Afobe-------------------

Ken really does not need to overcomplicate things. That is our best team for games where we are expected to go out and win, especially at home. So just pick it, please.

2014/15: W 1-0 (A)
2012/13: W 1-0 (H), D 0-0 (A)
2008/9: W 4-1 (H), W 1-0 (A)
2007/8: W 2-1 (H), W 3-1 (A)
2006/7: D 2-2 (H), D 2-2 (A)
2005/6: L 1-3 (H), W 2-0 (A)
2002/3: D 2-2 (H), W 4-0 (A)
2001/2: D 0-0 (H), D 2-2 (A)
2000/1: D 1-1 (H), W 1-0 (A)
1999/0: D 1-1 (A, FAC), D 0-0 (H, FAC, lost on pens)
1994/5: D 0-0 (A, FAC), D 1-1 (H, FAC, won on pens)

Unusually for a midweek home game, I'll be there. Really looking forward to it.

Ken said we had no new injuries going into the Brighton game. If he isn't in the starting XI then he shouldn't be on the bench as picking three defenders out of six outfield subs is nonsense.

Iorfa has an ankle injury apparently, but will be fit again by Friday. So Doherty will still be in at right-back, and I think Hause will then get picked over Golbourne as Jackett seems to like pairing those two.

Iorfa out with an ankle injury. Expected to be fit for the Derby game though

Golbourne should 100% be playing. He'll help us keep possession better and link well with Sako. I wonder if one of Graham/Bancessi/Hunte will make the bench for this one

Golbourne should 100% be playing. He'll help us keep possession better and link well with Sako. I wonder if one of Graham/Bancessi/Hunte will make the bench for this one

My guess is that Goldbourne will start for his attacking qualities Hause has done really well and will be a terrific player in the future so no reflection on him at all I would also start Dicko and leave Henry out for this one We need 3 points and that is why I would suggest these changes

Golbourne should be playing because he is our best left back. Hause has filled in well but he's not a left back and it shows when he is in possession or has to join in attacks. I think we miss him more than what many would think.

You look at that 20 pass goal vs Fulham, Golbourne is involved high up the park three or four times.

I like Hause but he is a centre half filling in and doing a job. I am looking forward to seeing him in his proper position in the medium term because there is a lot to admire about his game for a young kid. But at left back, it shouldn't even be a choice if Golbourne is fit.

Back