• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Spurs 2 v 3 Wolves: "We're shit! We're Great!" Thread

Birtles still has a massive chip on his shoulder from 1980 I think. He's always been anti us whenever I've heard him on comms. Or he could just be a colossal twat, thinking about it, it's probably both.

He's rubbish on every game, I've heard him on matches where I care about neither team and he still enrages me with his drivel.

Spurs Twitter feed not a happy place. Mourinho says result was unfair
Mourinho: ‘I think today we were even good defensively. The goals we conceded were transition goals. Counter-attack goals. You have to be ruthless. Sometimes people use that word in attack but you can also use it defensively. You cannot think twice’
What's the difference between Spurs and Wolves? One has a top Portugeuse coach, the other has Mourinho.

Just a note on Neto. What a sub to have, superb when he came on and he's improving all the time. The one run he made was obscene, beat Winks once and then did it again just for a laugh.

Fantastic win. Come from behind twice and the 3rd goal was magnificent.

The only down sides were that I didn't celebrate the 2nd goal as much as I wanted to as I'm still paranoid about VAR and I was far too nervous during the last 5 mins!

Just a note on Neto. What a sub to have, superb when he came on and he's improving all the time. The one run he made was obscene, beat Winks once and then did it again just for a laugh.

He's going to be some player. What times we're living in.

That run was so good. He seems to get better and better (Thursdays miss aside!)

Saw the second half and we were very very good. The second and third goal were both sublime.

What a time.

Just watching that 2nd goal again, absolutely awesome from Traore to keep going. Astonishing strength

Just watching that 2nd goal again, absolutely awesome from Traore to keep going. Astonishing strength

Mad. In fairness he was completely body chopped and any other player would have hit the deck.

Yep. Just watched the highlights. Huge strength from Adama to keep going for the second. Class finish from Raul for the third.

Cartainly is. Jota MOTM ahead of Doc who was good also.

Neves and Boly a bit below par but thankfully not an issue.

Thought Neves was fine tbh. Definitely not Willy's best game but he's due a bit of an off day being as he's hardly had one since ever. Still pulled out one brilliant block and also told Gazzaniga to shut his noise when he was moaning about Raul not being booked.

Raul had a similar game as he did vs Norwich away, not looking anywhere near the pace of the game, having virtually no impact but you never take him off. Because he'll probably score.

Always going to be a problem for any Cutrone-level players we sign, you aren't often even going to get 20-30 minutes in your main position because we'll never remove the top guy and with good cause.

In all seriousness I think that's the best I've ever seen him (low bar I know).

The only thing I think he got badly wrong was not booking Davies earlier but then Saiss had 3-4 robust fouls so swings and roundabouts.

Who knows what Birtles was prattling on about with the "push" on Moura. Only he saw that one. He was the one lowlight of the afternoon, a truly awful commentator.

Birtles? What channel was this on?

Back