• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Spurs 2 v 3 Wolves: "We're shit! We're Great!" Thread

Boozad

Numbnuts / Moderator
Reaction score
What a win! What a Diogo! What a Raul strike! What a game! 4th here we come!

Fire away.

2nd and 3rd goals were real quality goals. Didn’t look as solid as we do sometimes, but credit to Spurs their forwards rotated very well.

We are very worthy of 6th.

To win after such an average performance (stream cut out just after Jiminez scored to add context) - Moutinho and Boly unrecognisable - but we have such character and vibrancy in attack. Jota MOTM for me - lovely run for 3rd goal, and sublime finish.

We have nothing to fear from those we are fighting for a Top 4 finish.

We are worthy of higher. Makes up for the Molineux robbery. 4th is on.

I have always loved this football club to the bottom of my bones - but my goodness of all the teams i've watched from 1960 onwards, these guys are the BOLLOCKS!

How many points is that now from losing positions ?

We were decent 2nd half Jota is back to his very best MOTM by a mile.
Great win

Raul's winner was a thing of beauty, if that was Aguero or Salah with Sterling or Mane doing Jota's role they'd be raving about it for months. Absolutely sublime goal.

Drink it in boys.

We were full value for that win. Shouldn't have been behind at HT but then stepped it up and looked easily the better team.

Doc's best game ever. Superb at both ends today.

The second goal is lovely, a fantastic team effort. Then the third...wow. Is this Wolves I'm watching?!

Look at those next four games, it doesn't seem real but we have a chance of finishing 4th, never mind 5th.

Brilliant, brilliant stuff, days like this make me realise why it's all worth it in the end.

Drink it in boys.

We were full value for that win. Shouldn't have been behind at HT but then stepped it up and looked easily the better team.

Doc's best game ever. Superb at both ends today.

giphy.gif

The second goal is lovely, a fantastic team effort. Then the third...wow. Is this Wolves I'm watching?!

EfXK.gif

Look at those next four games, it doesn't seem real but we have a chance of finishing 4th, never mind 5th.

Brilliant, brilliant stuff, days like this make me realise why it's all worth it in the end.

praise-the-lord-gif-2.gif

Can we just take a minute to appreciate the work of Mr Stuart Attwell, everything he did was correct, from our point of view, even not booking Saiss, Don't think Spurs fans thought the same :)

Can we just take a minute to appreciate the work of Mr Stuart Attwell, everything he did was correct, from our point of view, even not booking Saiss, Don't think Spurs fans thought the same :)

I was actually lost for words on his performance to be honest. Thought he'd screw us properly but he didn't. The only thing I disagreed with was that Davies should heave gone, should have had a yellow before he actually got one.

In similar vein, kudos for Jota for not going to ground in the build up to the 3rd - Moura would have folded like the winner of the world Origami championships.

In all seriousness I think that's the best I've ever seen him (low bar I know).

The only thing I think he got badly wrong was not booking Davies earlier but then Saiss had 3-4 robust fouls so swings and roundabouts.

Who knows what Birtles was prattling on about with the "push" on Moura. Only he saw that one. He was the one lowlight of the afternoon, a truly awful commentator.

Birtles - sh!t commentator, but he was a very handy player in his day.

Thought Doc was great today, Vinny calmed down 2nd half,Boly seems bored at the minute so is holding onto it a bit longer and sometimes getting into trouble.
Jota was glorious... We keep him in the summer and we are lucky.

Game of 2 half's it really was.
Poor passing, no closing down, ball not sticking.
2nd half passed better, closed down better better shape, deserved win
4th is definately up for grabs

Birtles was terrible. At one point berating is for being negative as we didn’t lump a free kick into the box.

Spurs Twitter feed not a happy place. Mourinho says result was unfair
Mourinho: ‘I think today we were even good defensively. The goals we conceded were transition goals. Counter-attack goals. You have to be ruthless. Sometimes people use that word in attack but you can also use it defensively. You cannot think twice’

Back