• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Spurs 2 v 3 Wolves: "We're shit! We're Great!" Thread

I'd have backed Rui to save Alli's effort even if it was on target
I thought that too on first view, but with the replays it looked as though he stumbled ever so slightly getting across and probably wouldn't have got there if it was going right in the far corner.

Jenas says in his BBC column that Jimenez is the best striker in the league through the middle right now.

Nice compliment. Hard to argue with it too, there are very few old style number 9s in the league in the top half of the league.

Another good one from Twitter:

Breakfast? Double Harry Winks on toast, please https://twitter.com/pedrolneto7/status/1234274461358141440

Yeah, that was quality. Neto is going to be some player. One of those annoying football fan tv channels where they get loud mouthed idiots to be OTT about everything, referred to us as "Sonic The Hedgehog FC" when Neto came on yesterday, which made me chuckle.

We do have some decent pace in the squad!

It's always fiercely competitive but surely Garth Crooks must win the Idiot of the Week Award? He's put Jota in centre midfield behind 3 attackers and said, "Watch out Wolves, this is a Man Utd player if ever I saw one."

It's always fiercely competitive but surely Garth Crooks must win the Idiot of the Week Award? He's put Jota in centre midfield behind 3 attackers and said, "Watch out Wolves, this is a Man Utd player if ever I saw one."

2nd week running he's been picked in central midfield.

Just a bit of context around match threads - spent 20 minutes or so last night looking at the match thread on a Spurs forum - first half, it was as though they were sat there, todger in hand, waxing lyrically about Lo Celso and Aurier's goal, only for the 2nd half to be about how dire Dier is, what a bellend Aurier is, what a dinosaur Jose is etc - completely bipolar, but most amusing.

I always like to listen to Nuno post match, he tells it as it is slightly more PC than saying we were shit.

It gives an idea into were they as bad as we thought.
In each of the games where the match thread first half has been littered with we are playing shit.

His post match comments have all had the same Comments from him

"I was not happy at half time"
"I said a lot at half time we needed to be better 1st half"
"We started to slowly allowed them to play the ball through us too easy"

From speaking to people who know, Nuno is a very strict manager who let's the players know when he is not happy, he will have seen Mourinhio in action, and there are clips of him at half time which I believe is very similar to Nuno.

I actually think most of the time our match threads are fairly accurate in terms of performance.

Whilst this team.are absolutely superb and I am so proud of them, we have had some awful first 45 minutes, followed by some quite superb 2nd 45 minutes.

1st half from what I saw was.

Vinagre was struggling defensively both goals coming from his side. He really struggled.
Boly was really off the pace, that lasted the whole game, I had a few Wolves fans in the bar and all wondered if the long break just left him an little jaded, and would we have been better leaving him out of the Español game.
The midfield of Neves, and Moutinho just did not get on the ball, that stemmed from us missing them out and playing it up to Jiminez, and Jiminez giving the ball away countles times.
Jota and Adama, just could not get on the ball.

Second half was superb.
We passed the ball much better Vinagre pushed on a bit, which in turn pushed Aurier(SP) back more defensively.
We hit Jiminez less preferring to play the ball in to midfield and moved it quicker.
That gave Jota Traore, and Jiminez more space to operate which allowed them a bit more time on the ball.

The 2 goals in the second half were superb moves, caused by the shorter passing and better movement.
Traore staying up and playing the ball to Jiminez, and then choosing to slip Doc in rather than shoot was indicative of the second half's changes.

All in all a total performance in the second half which gave us the win.
Jota's turn for the 3rd was simply superb, as was his pass instead of trying too much, I believe that comes from him having scored his 6 goals in the last 3 games which means he feels less pressure to score so.played the pass rather than dribble through trying to score, he looks a different player now.

Jota's pass for the third was precise too. Right into Raul's path instead of making him break stride. Superb from him from back to front.

I’m watching the game back now. I really hope no one ever doubts Jota again. He’s a such a top class footballer. The highest ceiling of all our players for me.

I’m watching the game back now. I really hope no one ever doubts Jota again. He’s a such a top class footballer. The highest ceiling of all our players for me.

I think that's Neves personally but I can see where you're coming from, if you put Jota, Neves, Adama, Neto and Vini in the mix it's pretty exciting for us right now.

I think that's Neves personally but I can see where you're coming from, if you put Jota, Neves, Adama, Neto and Vini in the mix it's pretty exciting for us right now.
Can you imagine the player with Adama's speed and Jota's instinct? Jota showed Adama what he should have done a few minutes earlier when Doherty could have been in on goal.

Back