• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Stop getting hot drinks wrong!!

Enso Gonzalez would want the virtues of mate flagging up on this thread. I spotted a matero in his hand on the photo of him at the airport coming to Wolves. Maybe he'll hit Raul levels of cut-through in the years ahead and it will be on tap next to the Bovril in the ground?

Is this an alternative to mulled wine, to be put into a hot drink or just a drink to warm your cockles?
Both!
I like whisky and I love Drambuie. A touch of this just takes the edge of the sharp whiskey.
I get the thing of adding a drop of water to whisky to soften it, to release the flavour a little, so add some Drambuie to it but no water...

interesting. what is their food like? one has opened not far from us and wondered whether it was worth trying?

The wife lived and worked in Calgary a few years ago and wanted to reminisce so we pretty much just had the double double and doughnuts which you see a lot of people wandering about with. Was quite difficult to fathom what the food was all about as it neither seemed to be one thing or the other. I don’t think McDonald’s or Subway have got anything to worry about.

I did have a look to see how much sugar and calories are in that drink and that opened up a can of worms. Appears there are lots of people screaming that the U.K. double double (they get a bit arsey if you refer to it as a ‘DD’ apparently) is very different and far from as good as the Canadian, which supposedly is something to do with the amount of fat in the cream. I don’t know if that’s true and you can make your own mind up if that’s a good thing or not, but to be honest, I wouldn’t be in too much of a rush to go there.

Tim Horton's is just a slightly-less-evil Starbucks, really.

Also, @EpsomWolf, they're supposed to stir the Double-Double pretty vigorously. Sounds like someone sandbagged on you.

Last edited:
There's a Tim Horton's on New Street in Brum, was thinking about going tomorrow morning for breakfast.

I take it, that this a different Tim Horton to one of the UK's leading pianists?

Last edited:
Tried a burger there and thought it was bland. Like the burger had been boiled.

Tried a burger there and thought it was bland. Like the burger had been boiled.
Had my first TH experience at a drive through outside Penrith at half-term. Big old unit, someone is sticking some cash into the network roll out. Generally thought the food was a bit of a notch up from the competition, but I was starving to be honest.

Been to a few Tim Hortons in Canada and they’re pretty good over there.

Back