• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Stop getting hot drinks wrong!!

I enjoy a hot toddy...

Glühwein is foul in Germany too. Avoid.
Preach.

Mulled cider as well. Burton (H) under Nuno I had a pint of it before the game from the Posada, no idea what was going through my head when I ordered it. One of the roughest drinks I've ever had and when I was at uni I had to suck a strawberry daiquiri through a Salmon's gills as part of an initiation...

Preach.

Mulled cider as well. Burton (H) under Nuno I had a pint of it before the game from the Posada, no idea what was going through my head when I ordered it. One of the roughest drinks I've ever had and when I was at uni I had to suck a strawberry daiquiri through a Salmon's gills as part of an initiation...
Euphemism?

Preach.

David Cameron-lite

Preach.

I remember that Burton one :D

The Posada always used to have that mulled cider on, always resisted any temptation to try it.

Night cap for me every night, whiskey with stones ginger wine, (whiskey Mac)

Went for the full Canadian cultural coffee experience recently with the Tim Horton’s hugely popular ‘Double double’, which has two shots of cream and two “packs” of sugar.

First few swallows are all ‘wow, this is amazing’, then onto ‘it’s a bit sweet this is’, before getting to the ‘I feel a bit sick’ stage and eventually throwing it away.

A few Timmies opening up across the U.K. now. That’s shit our waistbands and teeth really don’t need.

Right it's Christmas time and crappy Christmas markets are springing up everywhere. Question Mulled Wine or not Mulled Wine ?

Yeah, I think so. One of those things you feel you should enjoy but don’t really, but being grumpy and bypassing is worse. There’s joy to be had in spending a fiver to lean on the side of an ornamental shed in the freezing cold with mulled wine in one hand and a bag of expensive tat in the other with Mariah Carey piercing your eardrum apparently.

Reminds you of seeing the kids/grandkids at the nativity play and everyone cooped up in the school hall drinking mulled wine and spreading diseases. It’s just what you do.

That said, will no doubt get a bottle in and wait for the right moment - a quiet evening, warm fire and a mince pie too.

Ordinary whisky, deffo not a single malt, 3 parts whisky + 1 part Drambuie.
A lovely mix.
Ideally in a large glass, saves making a second trip (muttering THAT was fucking lovely!)

Went for the full Canadian cultural coffee experience recently with the Tim Horton’s hugely popular ‘Double double’, which has two shots of cream and two “packs” of sugar.

First few swallows are all ‘wow, this is amazing’, then onto ‘it’s a bit sweet this is’, before getting to the ‘I feel a bit sick’ stage and eventually throwing it away.

A few Timmies opening up across the U.K. now. That’s shit our waistbands and teeth really don’t need.
interesting. what is their food like? one has opened not far from us and wondered whether it was worth trying?

Ordinary whisky, deffo not a single malt, 3 parts whisky + 1 part Drambuie.
A lovely mix.
Ideally in a large glass, saves making a second trip (muttering THAT was fucking lovely!)
Is this an alternative to mulled wine, to be put into a hot drink or just a drink to warm your cockles?

Is this an alternative to mulled wine, to be put into a hot drink or just a drink to warm your cockles?
Yep, we need a Stop getting drinks that warm your cockles wrong thread...

Last edited:
I like a cup of home made hot soup, do we need a soup thread!🤣

Back