• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Stop getting hot drinks wrong!!

It's the milk bit that I take issue with.

Also, most bagged tea is pish.

(In all seriousness, to each their own. The right way to drink tea/coffee is the way that you like best, and fuck anyone who seriously says otherwise).

It's the milk bit that I take issue with.

Also, most bagged tea is pish.
We drink tea like Americans drink coffee, i.e with milk and sugar. It's amazing for dipping biscuits (cookies) in.

We drink tea like Americans drink coffee, i.e with milk and sugar. It's amazing for dipping biscuits (cookies) in.
I think you'd be surprised at the number of Americans who, like myself, drink tea or coffee straight as a rule.

I feel you, though, biscotti dipped in a coffee or black tea is *chef's kiss*

I think you'd be surprised at the number of Americans who, like myself, drink tea or coffee straight as a rule.

I feel you, though, biscotti dipped in a coffee or black tea is *chef's kiss*
Ha, a black coffee is literally called an Americano over here.

Ha, a black coffee is literally called an Americano over here.
Which is crazy as that's a completely different drink!

Americano == Espresso + Hot Water

I prefer 4oz (uhhh... ~120mL) per shot of espresso.

Which is crazy as that's a completely different drink!

Americano == Espresso + Hot Water

I prefer 4oz (uhhh... ~120mL) per shot of espresso.
Yeah, when I say black coffee that's what I meant, espresso + hot water.

Not entirely clued up as I only ever drink espresso.

Yeah, when I say black coffee that's what I meant, espresso + hot water.

Not entirely clued up as I only ever drink espresso.
A man of culture ay

Wasn't the origin of the 'Americano' from the liberation of Italy in WWII? Apparently the GIs couldn't take to the local expresso style coffee and had hot water added to make it more palatable. The locals referred to this concoction as 'Americano'.

That's the story I've heard. A little odd, though, as Americans would have been used to exceptionally bitter coffee back in those days (often cut with something like chicory root).

Not normal for most though.
Really? I'd have thought the vast majority take sugar or a sweetener in their tea.

And I agree with Toby Jones in The Detectorists - Tea without sugar is just vegetable soup.

That's the story I've heard. A little odd, though, as Americans would have been used to exceptionally bitter coffee back in those days (often cut with something like chicory root).
I no longer drink coffee, but the worst stuff I ever had was when I lived and worked in the Middle East.

Really? I'd have thought the vast majority take sugar or a sweetener in their tea.

And I agree with Toby Jones in The Detectorists - Tea without sugar is just vegetable soup.
Going by the UK Biobank, ~5.14% of British tea drinkers take theirs with sugar regularly.

I no longer drink coffee, but the worst stuff I ever had was when I lived and worked in the Middle East.
I assume what we typically call "Turkish" coffee? Brewed with a bell-shaped "kettle" in hot sand?

I assume what we typically call "Turkish" coffee? Brewed with a bell-shaped "kettle" in hot sand?
It's made in a "Dallah". I didn't tend to drink my coffee or have business meetings in the desert, so they made do with a stove.

Back