• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Stop getting hot drinks wrong!!

I have no sugar with stuff these days. Like you, I would have sugar with hot drinks and cereal when I was a kid.
Yep, I'm the same, drink my coffee black with nothing and rarely eat chocolate, the damage was already done though. I remember when my sister was born the tea my dad gave me was mashed banana with sugar and evaporated milk. The delights of the mid 70s

Stopped having sugar in my tea in when I was about 10. Had it in my coffee until my mid 30's, gave up having milk in both (unless I'm having a vanilla latte) about the same time.
What the fuck were you doing drinking tea at 10? Should be drinking fizzy pop and orange squash at that age😀

I saw an American on YouTube try some. He also said it tasted like dish soap, so it's not just me. Obviously an acquired taste.
Bergamot is pretty marmite in my experience. Most of my tea drinking regulars had very strong feelings about Earl Grey, either very good or very bad.

I saw an American on YouTube try some. He also said it tasted like dish soap, so it's not just me. Obviously an acquired taste.
If you don't loke something that's fine. Just say you don't like it. It's making up the other stuff to try and justify why you dislike it is OTT shit.

If you don't loke something that's fine. Just say you don't like it. It's making up the other stuff to try and justify why you dislike it is OTT shit.
What am I making up? I said what I thought about the taste.

Coffee I have black, no sugar. Ideally double espresso 2:1 ratio with water but if someone gives me instant then I’ll have it. Tea with a little bit of milk, no sugar.

Tea with sugar means you don’t like tea…(it’s not a strong enough flavour to combat it). Same with lots of milk, again too powerful.

What you thought? So you've actually drank washing up liquid?
Obviously not, but smell is a very key component in taste. If something smells similar to a taste then you say it tastes like it.

Here's more people making stuff up.

Screenshot_2023-11-05-17-29-22-020_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg
Screenshot_2023-11-05-17-28-55-924_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg

What the fuck were you doing drinking tea at 10? Should be drinking fizzy pop and orange squash at that age😀
As a kid at primary school in the 80s there was a concern that the e-numbers in the lunchtime squash was causing us to be unfocused in the afternoon.
So they replaced the squash with... tea and coffee (which we loaded up with sugar) 🤦🏼

I did drink those too but we always had tea as a family. It's probably one of the reasons why I've never had any issues with my teeth, never had a filling.

I did drink those too but we always had tea as a family. It's probably one of the reasons why I've never had any issues with my teeth, never had a filling.
Yep, we always had tea as a family. The same with my kids.

The word I've learned is Čežve, I think.

I love the stuff, personally. The hot sand is a real thing btw, not some insensitive joke!

View attachment 8721
How the fuck does that work then?
It looks like the electric element heats the sand...?
How do you know when its the right temperature then?

The water boils?

Seriously, if you look it has a thermostat to control the element temperature...

As Leeds says, the water will boil and combined with the gasses from the coffee will rapidly expand. You brew by waiting for the slurry to expand to the top of the ladle, pull it out of the sand until the heat dissipates and the slurry settles. Repeat as desired.

As a kid at primary school in the 80s there was a concern that the e-numbers in the lunchtime squash was causing us to be unfocused in the afternoon.
So they replaced the squash with... tea and coffee (which we loaded up with sugar) 🤦🏼
Good point, I keep forgetting most of you lot are a generation younger than me. Extra energy from e numbers were seen as a benefit in the 60s and early 70s, it meant you could get your 3 paper rounds done quicker so you could get your homework done and still get to your job chipping taters as the local chippie😁

Back