• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Stop getting hot drinks wrong!!

giphy.gif

Just being an ass. :)

One spoon of coffee. Mug full of boiled water. Job done.

Tea white with two sugars. Don’t drink it very often though.

I had tea as a kid going back as far as I remember, so the mid 80s.

No sugar after I was about 10 or so.

No milk since about 2001, I was only ever adding a tiny drop anyway and was chucking out milk every week as a result as I didn't/don't use it for hardly anything else, and I was properly poor so something had to go.

I struggle with sugar in a bad way

I know I can have most things without adding it. I can drink black coffee no problem at all but I keep swaying back to putting sugar in. I know my body is addicted to it as it will proper fuck me around if I go a few days without it and I always cave in.

Tea though I can't drink without sugar. I drink sugarless tea and it's weird. It's like it's making my mouth go dry as I drink it.

My Mother in Law used to give my two lads tea in their bottles when they were toddlers.

Big fan of tea. Little milk. We have A LOT of oversized mugs. I do like using the teapot & loose tea. I have 1 sugar in the oversized mugs.
Drank coffee once by mistake. Hated it, never going back.
Mrs jelly hates tea, only drinks coffee, milky but no sugar.
I drink a lot of milk. Fucking love it! Always have. Mom used to moan about it when I was a kid. Also remember raiding the crate of leftovers when at junior school when at after school clubs etc.

I struggle with sugar in a bad way

I know I can have most things without adding it. I can drink black coffee no problem at all but I keep swaying back to putting sugar in. I know my body is addicted to it as it will proper fuck me around if I go a few days without it and I always cave in.

Tea though I can't drink without sugar. I drink sugarless tea and it's weird. It's like it's making my mouth go dry as I drink it.
After years of drinking diet coke I struggle with "normal" coke. It's too sweet.

Sugar is highly addictive I feel.

After years of drinking diet coke I struggle with "normal" coke. It's too sweet.

Sugar is highly addictive I feel.
Same on the full fat stuff which is odd considering I clearly crave sugar.

Full fat is fine if someone is putting a JD in it though...

I find that the full fat coke leaves a tacky layer on my teeth, not a fan.

Pepsi max cherry though, I'm a little addicted.

Espresso with alcohol of your choice, I usually have cognac.
Italian guy I worked with told me about Caffe Coretto, which is an espresso with a shot of grappa. You could also, drink the espresso first then 'clean' the cup with the grappa shot. Translates to "Corrected coffee" which is brilliant.

Cantankerous take here, but I find adults drinking fizzy pop of any description, on a daily basis, gross and weird.

Cloudy lemonade or Dandelion and Burdock (preferably Fentimans) as an occasional treat is an acceptable use case.

Coke and Pepsi taste like shit, muddy and not really any flavour (sugar and sweetener versions)

Pepsi max cherry and Dr Pepper are fantastic.

I refuse to buy it though (only me who drinks it) as it would disappear very quickly and fizzy are just dreadful for you

Right it's Christmas time and crappy Christmas markets are springing up everywhere. Question Mulled Wine or not Mulled Wine ?

Back