• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

Attacking left back isn’t he?

If he's as good as some reports suggest I can see him going straight into the team. Incredible to think Alphonso Davies at Bayern is still only 19. If you're good enough you're old enough.

If he's as good as some reports suggest I can see him going straight into the team. Incredible to think Alphonso Davies at Bayern is still only 19. If you're good enough you're old enough.

true that you said about age

Can't even remember where I've seen it now but we've been linked to Mady Camara of Olympiakos. And a Leicester website says we're leading the race for the young LB

Concerned isn't the right expression, however I would like to see some signings before the end of next week. We are around 30 days till the opening day of the new season, so presume Pre-season will commence at least 2 weeks before that even with the most generous of breaks they give the players? If not before, So given players elsewhere will have all finished bar those in the European comps (where we are unlikely to be shopping) I hope that they have already been in action with any deals/additions or work on this campaign.

Doubt much will happen in the week in terms of getting players in officially. Most will be on their holidays and probably in countries that mean they have to quarantine for 2 weeks the moment they arrive...

Yeah that was part of my concern. Whilst not an agent or anything, a friend of mine who works in finance that typically will offer up the funds for transfers in exchange for repayments (similar to what Wolves and others do with the TV money) has been told players who are interested in moves had been advised not to holiday this year, so they are actively prepped for what it's worth. So I wonder how many players have taken that advice. Everyone I know personally that went away after lockdown said it was stressful as hell.

The quarantine is an interesting consideration, given everything that is going on I don't know if I would want to move to the UK currently, especially if I had kids who were school age. So interested in if that has any impact on overall transfer numbers.

I know these showreels can be deceptive, but I do like the look of him. He wins the ball well, and is immediately looking for that incisive forward pass, or sets off on one of his own mazy runs. He's also not bad at the long crossfield ball to the wingbacks, à la Coady. And he's not afraid to shoot!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Nu6QyExb1U

I thought that was just for travelling in to plsy games. To be exempt the teams have to follow strict bubble rules.

I was talking more about the moral dilemma of wanting to move to the UK if you had kids who would need to attend school too, not necessarily just the player but the whole personal system around the player, I think it's different if the move is a huge break for your career, but if you are already established elsewhere I can see the lure of staying put for the time being a big factor with some.

Depends on the £££.

The Premier League pays pretty high wages so that will help. Plus I am sure player coming over to sign will be within the bubble and done by private jet to protect that, same as travel for a match. I doubt their family would be in that, but a two week quarantine for maybe £50k a week more is still a tempter.

I was talking more about the moral dilemma of wanting to move to the UK if you had kids who would need to attend school too, not necessarily just the player but the whole personal system around the player, I think it's different if the move is a huge break for your career, but if you are already established elsewhere I can see the lure of staying put for the time being a big factor with some.
The club play a massive part in assisting new players with their house, schools etc. All part of the “settling in” process. I doubt it will make much of a difference, if any at all.

There might be the odd player who puts family first but the majority move to a new country on their own anyway and the family/friends follow later.

Back