• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

It’s ridiculous, throwing away 2 years of hard work, I’m not sure what the fuck is going on there at the moment

We have how many games between now and the end of the transfer market? Even if we sign someone they’re not going to be savvy with our system so how many points are we going to drop between now and the end of the window?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everton look like they're going to get Docoure to go with Allan and Rodriguez. That'll be a hefty wage bill...

Nope, bollocks is called out when it is written.

Wow, careful or you'll cut yourself.

I didn't say it happened all the time, did I? You're just lucky a couple of honest souls were online to prove your non-point. And one other person to mildly disagree.

There's still plenty of people turning a blind eye or playing word games when their pals are talking rubbish, but quite happy to put the boot in to easy targets

It’s ridiculous, throwing away 2 years of hard work, I’m not sure what the fuck is going on there at the moment

We have how many games between now and the end of the transfer market? Even if we sign someone they’re not going to be savvy with our system so how many points are we going to drop between now and the end of the window?

Throwing away 2 years of hard work? Have a word with yourself

Signings will come, hopefully sooner rather than later, but they will arrive. Chelsea aside, there isnt many clubs that have had loads of players coming through the door yet

Them (Everton) having a hefty wage bill is of no concern to me. They’ll have substantially improved their starting 11.

Why are people taking what’s said as absolute literal, it’s a statement which has been released and Jeff has put his name to it

I’ll say it again, imagine the scenes if he’s have said...well me and Nuno discussed how we could push on for a top four place and both agreed that out of the current 11 Doc is probably the shittest so we thought we’d start there
What a way to say thanks to a bloke who’s played for us for 10 years

It’s no surprise to me that when discussing the team Jeff and Nuno have come to the same conclusion as 99% of the wolves fans I know and thought, yeah, Doc is where we will start

And stop the fire sale panicking because of Fosun we’re stripping assets from the club they wouldn’t start with a £15m Irish right wing back would they? We’ve got far bigger assets than him

What a difference 3 days makes

They’re 2 completely different statements, the first is about Doc, which I stand by, it’s not a forest sale because we would’ve sold other players as week or instead and he would be the first to upgrade.

The second statement is me shitting myself that we aren’t going to get anywhere near where we did last season, you can all sit there and play with yourselves silly that we were in league 1 Six years ago but that makes absolutely no difference at all to the here and now.

Last season we had a realistic chance of champions league football, this season Chelsea have strengthened considerably, Man Utd have signed the Dutch lad and will still spend more.

Arsenal and tottenham have both added to their first team, Everton will be much stronger than last season.

Wow, careful or you'll cut yourself.

I didn't say it happened all the time, did I? You're just lucky a couple of honest souls were online to prove your non-point. And one other person to mildly disagree.

There's still plenty of people turning a blind eye or playing word games when their pals are talking rubbish, but quite happy to put the boot in to easy targets
I'd say although it's the case, it's not TWF per se, it's human nature. If someone is known for making outlandish statements they are more likely to get picked up on it, some like Morgan or Trump do it for the attention. Cyber couldn't just say he thinks Arsenal are ahead of us now, a point I agree with, he layered it with they are going to challenge for the league title when they finished 43 points behind Liverpool last year so is highly unlikely. It weakens the point he's making because that gets overlooked in favour of the hot take.

It seems to be a completely mixed amount of reporting, but I was looking at Premier league wages today and whilst there is a lot of variation Wolves were as low as 4th in total wages last season to a high of 11th from the places I found that seemed reliable (as reliable as it can been when it seemed to be so differently reported) - Given that a huge amount of league success is directly related to wage spending (over transfer fees) according to a lot of analytics and break downs, then it shows the remarkable job Wolves have done so far.

Well Guru Rumours on Twitter says 3 signings at 8pm. So that’s alright then...

Well Guru Rumours on Twitter says 3 signings at 8pm. So that’s alright then...
Looked them up and to give them credit for calling Doc to Spurs for £15m.....in July 2019 and then calling it as a scoop this week. Brilliant.

Back