• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

Imagine if he'd stayed fit and we'd signed a young Alex Rae to play alongside him.

giphy.gif

I think again here with Marçal - we've had to apply for a work permit (he doesn't have dual nationality with any European country) and that in itself would have taken time. Now not that he is a RWB but you can see why you can't always say "we won't sell X until we get our replacement in". Doubt Spurs would have been too happy with hanging around for us to do our business, which means they probably go somewhere else, and we're stuck with a player who knew there was a move on the table but it hasn't happened, plus we seemingly didn't want him any more. None of that is healthy.

Sequencing doesn't always line up as you'd like.

Spiers refusing to say anymore about the midfielder too and stating he has said all he "can" - suggesting he knows who it is. With this and GFFH's post deletion I think we are in for a big one...

Some on twitter now talking about Lee Kang-in though so could be him I suppose? Attacking midfielder at Valencia. Did score for them yesterday though

Hang on a minute - I don't remember us having to wear Oxford's shorts in a game! I guess we got shouted at for a shorts colour clash.
Wasn't it a televised fixture? I can remember it happening (thanks to the photo) and seem to recall it being in the telly as a few if our games against Oxford seemed to be.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

We did, some utter jobsworth of a ref. And it finished 0-0.

The pro football equivalent of having to pick some random crap out of lost property at school.

Don't think it was on TV, no. Mercifully they didn't put us on often away at Oxford where we ALWAYS used to lose. They did in 1997 when we lost 3-0 (debuts for Simon Coleman and Isidro Diaz) and McGhee said afterwards "that's as well as we can play".

We did, some utter jobsworth of a ref. And it finished 0-0.

The pro football equivalent of having to pick some random crap out of lost property at school.

Don't think it was on TV, no. Mercifully they didn't put us on often away at Oxford where we ALWAYS used to lose. They did in 1997 when we lost 3-0 (debuts for Simon Coleman and Isidro Diaz) and McGhee said afterwards "that's as well as we can play".

I went to that, IIRC Joey Beachamp was basically Messi and Ronaldo incarnate that day.

God knows then, my memory's not what it was. I seem to remember seeing more of oxfords ground than I ever care to have done on TV though.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Can't imagine why, he'd be stuck behind Telles (for now, anyway)

-edit- it'd also leave us with 1 LWB....I know people are going to start screaming Mendes but it doesn't make a lot of sense.

Vinagre’s been making noises about leaving for a while from what I’ve heard, he wants to be starting. Being stuck behind Telles won’t help that unless Telles is leaving. Not a rumour I’d be instantly rubbishing though.

Someone on Twitter reporting Vinagre to Porto is now done. In that case we need a LWB and a RWB fairly pronto

Nuno definitely doing something different with his wing backs this season then.

(If true)

Someone on Twitter reporting Vinagre to Porto is now done. In that case we need a LWB and a RWB fairly pronto
Someone on twitter? Someone reputable?

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

I was expecting him to leave this Summer before Jonny was injured. The timing now would be strange to say the least both from his perspective and ours. The Lyon reports if they are to be believed said Marcal should only play LWB in an emergency as he isn't mobile enough

Back