• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

Tammy Abraham just got sold for 50m, for fuck's sake.

The market is broken. Fees mean absolutely fuck all relative to a player's ability.

Any player is only worth what someone will pay. I'm guessing that as we accepted £13m for Mir it is a good indication nobody offered more. Similarly I doubt anyone offered more for OO.

Just re read it, dangerous as in you can compare every single transfer in isolation if you want to make them fit your agenda.

not to sure why everyone is just fixating on the Silva fee. I’d argue Silva will do 3 times the player cutrone will for us, so at 35mil it’s a good deal, if you want to play that game

Rafa Mir isn't very good.

EP is still raging about the Doherty fee, and he knows full well that Matt Doherty is fucking wank.

People seem to forget that Mir was absolutely dogshit for Forest, and didn't exactly do much/look any good in the limited games he played for us.

Willian Jose is a top striker in La Liga for a far better team then what Mir played in, and Willian was a bloody donkey.

Christ even Diego Forlan was unreal in La Liga.. and he was abysmal in a really good United site.

Mir and silva had very similar xG per 90s last season. Mir played overdouble the minutes, I’d back Fabio to get a similar ish goal return even though he’s several years younger.

we’ve got a good fee for Mir considering. And we are in a position where we’ve invested a lot in Fabio (I’m not getting into the tedious over paid argument - he’s here to stay) and he’s definitely worth pursuing with because he has the tools to be an extremely good goalscorer
I'm in the minority as I just don't see it with him at all.

In in the minority on this board in my opinion on him.

I would say he's going to be sold in 4 years for about half of what we paid to a Portuguese team having scored no more than 5 goals a season.

Fabio Silva at 18 got a goal or assist every 0.46 games

Rafa Mir at 23 got a goal or assist every 0.44 games

At 18 Rafa Mir wasn't even playing

This is in their respective leagues.

Please tell me again how Rafa Mir is better or a better prospect
Are you being deliberately obtuse?

The fees for both players are hugely different yet the players are no different.

Here’s one....

Barcelona want £12.8m for 18-year-old Spanish midfielder Ilaix Moriba. The teenager has attracted interest from Wolves but the Catalan club are yet to receive an acceptable offer. (ARA via Molineux News)

The market is broken. Fees mean absolutely fuck all relative to a player's ability.
Tammy Abraham, who has a good goalscoring record for club and country?

The same money we paid for Silva...

Exactly this. Also depends on the buying club.

The fees for both players are hugely different yet the players are no different.
one was a 17 year old potential future star with other clubs monitoring him whilst the other is 23 in last year of contract?

Was Mir going to play ahead of Jiminez? No.
Was Mir going to play ahead of Silva? No.
Did we make a profit on him? Yes.

Where's the drawback here??

Kieffer moore scored 20 last year against similar quality teams yet you are dismissive of him and not Mir.

He's not suited to Premier League football, neither is Moore because they are both limited footballers who bar getting on the end of stuff and putting themselves about a bit offer not much else.

I said I'd be happy with 5m as that's what I'd have been happy for us to pay if we had signed him from another club based on the situation. It's impossible to give what someone is worth, I don't think Silva is worth 35m, similarly I think Raul is worth at least double what we paid for him but they are opinions.

At least my opinion is based on actually watching the bloke play in full about 6/7 times rather than the equivalent of a 5 min YouTube video.

How many Champions League teams did Moore play against last season?

If you’re saying we overpaid for Silva, given what’s happened since with Covid etc then yes, but time will tell.

but if your insinuating because we had our pants pulled down buying him so we can pull another clubs pants down to buy one of our players … football doesn’t work like that

They are demonstrably different. I don't know how else to explain it - the facts are there for you to see.

Or to put it another way, in 2-3 years time if Silva goes on loan to the championship and scores ONE goal he'll have exceeded Mir. Hint: he's already done more than that.

The fees are very different as you say, but to say they are no different as players....I don't get that bit at all.

People seem to forget that Mir was absolutely dogshit for Forest, and didn't exactly do much/look any good in the limited games he played for us.

Willian Jose is a top striker in La Liga for a far better team then what Mir played in, and Willian was a bloody donkey.

Christ even Diego Forlan was unreal in La Liga.. and he was abysmal in a really good United site.
Harry Kane was shit on all of his loans, doesn't stop him being good now.

Players develop differently. Mir may now be coming good after failing to build on early promise, let's not forget he was linked with Real Madrid when Wolves signed him, or it might be a flash in the pan season. Only time will tell.

If he goes and bags 20+ at Sevilla then it looks a bargain for them, if he flops and never hits double figures again then they'll be regretting every penny they spent on him.

There's no hard and fast way to value a player, far too many variables at play and ultimately it's their performance after the event that will truly decide whether they look good value or not.

He isn't shite, that's just silly. He isn't good enough for Chelsea nor better than Jiminez. He is better than Silva who cost the same money.
The issue is you as I’ve mentioned you can use that argument to fit your narrative .

we signed neves for 15 million. Newcastle signed shelvey for 12million, I’d say there’s more than 3million difference between the two, personally

Back