• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Techy Stuff Help!

I just use a cheap one but tbf the sound quality isn't that important to me as I'm usually on the hoof with the dog.

likely to go with a sony one that is gonna set me back £200 unless I find anything comparable but cheaper. which is annoying, as if it had broken a week or 2 earlier I'd have asked for it for xmas instead of shelling out my own hard earned!

Apple's USB-C to 3.5mm dongle actually measures pretty well, and I think should only run about £10. That could be worth a shot before you dive into something pricier.

DAPs are so niche these days that anything good is also saddled with overkill audiophile snake oil. Definitely don't pay for anything that advertises MQA compatibility. Load of shit.

Apple's USB-C to 3.5mm dongle actually measures pretty well, and I think should only run about £10. That could be worth a shot before you dive into something pricier.

DAPs are so niche these days that anything good is also saddled with overkill audiophile snake oil. Definitely don't pay for anything that advertises MQA compatibility. Load of shit.
You've just made that up haven't you?

I got this off Amazon, cheapo but pretty good. It can play videos, the screen is tiny but didn't stop me watching Harry Potter on it

Screenshot_20221206-161216_Chrome.jpg

Anybody here do Folding@home with their PC? Curious what the setup experience is like.

Anybody here do Folding@home with their PC? Curious what the setup experience is like.
Did it a while ago - can just do it in a docker and manage the resources for the image

Did it a while ago - can just do it in a docker and manage the resources for the image
Music to my ears (although not music for my system's RAM!). Cheers, bud.

Are all mobile networks pretty much the same as each other these days?

I only ask as I used to be on EE and found that I had great mobile coverage and speeds pretty much anywhere but they were getting more and more expensive. I switched to Sky Mobile a while ago due to the better value and flexibility but I am finding their signal coverage and speed seems noticeably inferior to EE’s was (I think Sky piggy back onto the O2 network).

I was just wondering if I would be better off if I switched network or if it doesn’t make that much difference?

O2 are shit in west midlands, like truly appalling. The rest are ok.

I only ask as I used to be on EE and found that I had great mobile coverage and speeds pretty much anywhere but they were getting more and more expensive. I switched to Sky Mobile a while ago due to the better value and flexibility but I am finding their signal coverage and speed seems noticeably inferior to EE’s was (I think Sky piggy back onto the O2 network).

I was just wondering if I would be better off if I switched network or if it doesn’t make that much difference?
Was on Sky. Simply because they were the cheapest by a margin.

But their network is fucking useless. Zero signal in my house and I have to walk 100m out my street before I get any. Then if I walked from the Mercedes garage to Molineux, I could never actually load Twitter to look at the team and I’m in a City centre!!
I don’t have a landline either so if the internet went down I’d have a lot of difficulty contacting anyone in an emergency.

So I was paying less for a network, but I couldn’t bloody use my phone half the time so completely pointless. So now on EE and had no issues with signal anywhere. Could even use my phone in Molineux last week! Get 30% discount from a family member which helps with the increased cost but I’d have had no choice but to move away from Sky as it wasn’t fit for purpose.

I know they used to be different. EE was made up of orange and T-Mobile. One was short range and the other long range so they ended up with great coverage.

Sky mobile are underpinned by O2, I don't know what they're like coverage wise though.

I'm with talk mobile who use Vodafone which is fine in cities but rubbish out in the sticks, but it's really cheap.

I know they used to be different. EE was made up of orange and T-Mobile. One was short range and the other long range so they ended up with great coverage.

Sky mobile are underpinned by O2, I don't know what they're like coverage wise though.

I'm with talk mobile who use Vodafone which is fine in cities but rubbish out in the sticks, but it's really cheap.
😵‍💫

Back