• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Techy Stuff Help!

I can't remember the details but one of them had a few long range transmitters and the other had lots of short range ones, relatively speaking of course.
Doesn't really work like that.

O2 are shit in west midlands, like truly appalling. The rest are ok.
So basically you are saying I should switch to anyone that isn’t O2? 🤣

I’d love to go back to EE but their cheapest sim seems to be about £15 a month which is ridiculous.

Are Three any good?

I’d love to go back to EE but their cheapest sim seems to be about £15 a month which is ridiculous?

Are Three any good?
Thars what I did. Loads of virtual networks - smarty, id, etc. Have a look at offers on moneysavingexpert

I’d love to go back to EE but their cheapest sim seems to be about £15 a month which is ridiculous.

Are Three any good?
I can give you a 20% discount code if it helps

I’m with EE, only because I get TNT sports as an add on mind.

EE have by far the biggest network and the most capacity on all the various frequencies sold to all the mobile networks. That's why they are the best, because they pay the most for all those frequencies.

I'm on O2 via Virgin and it's fine where I live but shit whenever I go to Molineux. So I'm fine 99% of the time tbh 😄

EE have by far the biggest network and the most capacity on all the various frequencies sold to all the mobile networks. That's why they are the best, because they pay the most for all those frequencies.

I'm on O2 via Virgin and it's fine where I live but shit whenever I go to Molineux. So I'm fine 99% of the time tbh 😄
Yeah I'm with 02 (ex virgin) hopeless at Wolves and my house, fine everywhere else.

I can give you a 20% discount code if it helps
Appreciate the offer but it would still be more than I want to pay.

Tempted to switch to Talkmobile as they have some good offers and get good reviews. They use Vodafone so hopefully it’ll be better than O2?

I went with 3 when I left O2, price for the phone and the airtime is the best I could find but the service can be quite dodgy. Might switch to EE in a year. 3’s website is shockingly wank as well.

Tempted to switch to Talkmobile as they have some good offers and get good reviews. They use Vodafone so hopefully it’ll be better than O2?
I'm with talk mobile, sometimes gets a bit patchy out in the sticks but otherwise fine.

No prob. I'm honestly not sure on any other networks as I've always been on EE. Never had service drop anywhere. Good but cornered the market so expensive!

If anyone renews soon and wants the code let me know. It only comes off the sim only or line rental cost. They have now split the phone rental and line rental into 2 separate direct debits.

I went with 3 when I left O2, price for the phone and the airtime is the best I could find but the service can be quite dodgy. Might switch to EE in a year. 3’s website is shockingly wank as well.
I’m on Id which uses 3, works really well. Cheap too.

I’m on Id which uses 3, works really well. Cheap too.
Like I say 3 is very cheap in comparison with say O2 who are just robbing bastards. I can live with their website being very clunky but the service is proper hit and miss. It works in the Molineux though unlike O2 so at least I’ll have the option of some entertainment during games this season!

Pretty sure I was paying more than £15 p/m for my first ever mobile contract in 2002! Is that really seen as "ridiculous"?

My EE contract is coming to an end this month, I'll renew and get a new phone, they're not built to last much longer than 2-3 years these days, at least not at peak performance. You'll forever get slowdown and battery issues after a certain point no matter what you do. Planned obsolescence. And definitely not worth cheaping out on something you use every single day.

Pretty sure I was paying more than £15 p/m for my first ever mobile contract in 2002! Is that really seen as "ridiculous"?

My EE contract is coming to an end this month, I'll renew and get a new phone, they're not built to last much longer than 2-3 years these days, at least not at peak performance. You'll forever get slowdown and battery issues after a certain point no matter what you do. Planned obsolescence. And definitely not worth cheaping out on something you use every single day.
Last time I got a new phone and did the maths on it, it was cheaper to buy a new phone separately and go SIM only. I think it was around month 15-16 it started to be cheaper.

To me it's not one where you mess about, not for the sake of a couple of quid a month. There are areas to trim savings off if money is tight and areas that you just leave well alone. Having a shit phone (on whatever level) is just voluntarily making your own life worse.

I definitely don't see £15 p/m as extortionate, I'm not sure I've ever paid that little since the early 2000s and PAYG. When I was a student and genuinely had no money.

I mentioned £15 as ridiculous as it was SIM only (and I think it was 1gb!) and it seems expensive compared to what other companies charge. You can usually get 5 - 10gb for less than a tenner these days.

I own an iPhone so it’s not like I’m being cheap when it comes to the actual phone.

I've always had SIM only and bought my phones outright. If you do your research at places like gsmarena you can get great phones for a fraction of the price of the bigger brands. My current one is a Xiaomi and it's easily the best and most well specced phone I've ever had. Only cost me £270 off Amazon.

I just got a pixel 7a with unlimited everything for £21 a month. Cant really argue with that for a great, very well supported phone.

Back