• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Tetchy Rish! at it again

Mel Stride:

While I’m grateful for today’s much more open approach to mental health, there is a danger that this has gone too far.

There is a real risk now that we are labelling the normal ups and downs of human life as medical conditions which then actually serve to hold people back and, ultimately, drive up the benefit bill …

If they go to the doctor and say ‘I’m feeling rather down and bluesy’, the doctor will give them on average about seven minutes and then, on 94% of occasions, they will be signed off as not fit to carry out any work whatsoever.

On a similar note I had a flier through from some HR consultancy the other day, about a seminar on how to manage mental health absences, labelling it "the new bad back"

Lost count of the times I have told the Dr i was feeling "bluesy"

Mel Stride:

On a similar note I had a flier through from some HR consultancy the other day, about a seminar on how to manage mental health absences, labelling it "the new bad back"
Ah of course, I'm sure Mel thinks it's just a case of "manning up" or "can't you just cheer up?" too.

Prick.

Last edited:
Saw on The News Agents this morning that some bellend on GBeebies has passed off a Spitting Image skit about Thatcher as a genuine anecdote 😂

Tory mayoral candidate for greater Manchester has defected to Reform

Irish Taoiseach Leo Varadkar has stepped down this week and if you guys think Rishi Sunak is a drip, wait until you see the guy who is about to replace him....

Simon Harris.

Grew up in the same town I lived in during my teens, was the same age as me so went to school with my mates who used to call him 'Slimey Simey'

1711100639273.png

went to school with my mates who used to call him 'Slimey Simey'
FpF9afIjgcgW.gif

Irish Taoiseach Leo Varadkar has stepped down this week and if you guys think Rishi Sunak is a drip, wait until you see the guy who is about to replace him....

Simon Harris.

Grew up in the same town I lived in during my teens, was the same age as me so went to school with my mates who used to call him 'Slimey Simey'

View attachment 9960
strong Piers Fletcher Dervish vibes...

In other news, Sunak displays further lack of self awareness by trying to change the election campaign to be about the 2 main personalities (him and starmer) by suggesting starmer is arrogant and taking voters for granted.

Back