• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Blame Game

Meh, they're not going to read it anyway. If someone fucks up then they can take their medicine on a semi-obscure forum.

Plus as much as I'm largely on Doc's side now, I could still spend half an hour asking him what the hell that was at Leicester.

No doubt Nuno & co ask much tougher questions. I was thinking more of a polarisation of posters. I'm sure someone will come up with something. And then some un-named admin will play about with it...

So the final totals are in. Doc "wins" this one but he did massively improve as time went on. Only marked down twice after his Man City horror show in January and one of them is a group nomination as everyone was all over the place.

I might run it again next season, we'll see. It does get people upset sometimes.

I think it has been interesting. Confrontational at times, but definitely an interesting angle on our performances.

I've found it to be interesting.

Perhaps a title change could be considered, so it doesn't appear to be a vehicle for "having a go" so to speak?

One of my favourite threads. Good to have a vent and good to see different points of view like Kenny backing Rui for his talking that I can't see on telly. We could call it For whom the bell tolls , we all would understand what that meant without invoking the ire that this thread has done at times.

Dong . That ones on you Doherty would be an easy post.

Meh, they're not going to read it anyway. If someone fucks up then they can take their medicine on a semi-obscure forum.

Plus as much as I'm largely on Doc's side now, I could still spend half an hour asking him what the hell that was at Leicester.
But he couldn't have done anything about it after it deflected off Coady...

But he couldn't have done anything about it after it deflected off Coady...

This is why you see hundreds of identical own goals every single season.

Remember he would be everyone's favourite player if he were Portuguese.

So do we all pop around to Docs house with pool balls in socks to encourage him to do better next year..?

I believe he thrived on a year of being massively slagged off on Oscillating Wildly. Including the sentence at one point "Bilston Town wouldn't have him".

(Was accurate at the time, he was a fat slob who couldn't do anything)

Kudos to Jota who was at fault twice in one game in August then never messed up again. Good lad.

Traore can hang his head in shame for somehow being involved in three goals even though most of the time we want him to stay well away from that end (and he hardly plays), and Saiss' tally doesn't look pretty given he didn't play that often.

Wouldn't be surprised at Traore getting blamed while sat on the bench tbqhwy

I've blamed him today for some prick drilling really loudly on the outside of a house on our street.

This is the problem with him being even a notional option at RWB though. He doesn't know what he's doing and at that end of the pitch we seriously can't afford it.

Also at fault for it pissing it down 5 minutes before packing my tent up this morning too.

Can't disagree that playing him RWB is very unlikely to work ever.

Southampton was the nadir. You wouldn't have that off a six year old.

Lots of "failed to track" in the first half of the season but we seemed to largely tighten up on that.

Rui...meh. He made some errors. But that's goalkeeping for you. Cock up and it's a goal.

Rui was excellent this season.

Some people don't know how good we've got it with him. People go on about how many points Matt Murray 'won' us in Mick's first season at Wolves but IMO Rui has had a similar impact on this season. I could point to so many games where he's kept us in it or pulled off world class saves in games we've took points from.

I've no issue with him. His tally looks high but we're micro-analysing here.

His kicking has slowly got better too, even if he does still have one comedy moment a game. And he really should lighten up a bit.

Said it so many times but Rui hasnt had to make many world class saves because of his positioning and movement off his line.

His save from Arnie at West Ham was a good example of how quick he moves off his line and cuts off a lot of angles for the forward.

His positioning is second only to Ederson in the current PL for me. Cuts out so much stuff without it ever being an issue.

In terms of real, massive fuck ups...

Cardiff away 1st goal...

Any others?

I’d say his brightest weakness is sweeping up stuff. As soon as the Balls over the top he’s looking for his near post instead of coming out. Boly has had numerous goes at him hoping he’d coming and either collect or put it in the stand.

On the flip side, if you go too far the other way then you end of with Lloris. Despite some great saves is always prone to fuck Up sweeping up giving away a goal.

Worth mentioning that although we rip on Calamity Doc, Jonny was only two behind him this season on our count. Now it's an occupational hazard, you can't play at the back and nothing is your fault, but he's not infallible.

Vinagre will pose a serious threat to either next season and I expect us to buy another option, so it's 4 into 2.

Back