• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Definitive TWF Wolves XI Thread (2019 version) - 1970 - present

For now but if we do this again next year then Otto might unseat him.

Thommo will be safe though.

1165.gif

Oh he is. We are all rigging the vote Eurovision stylee

Oh he is. We are all rigging the vote Eurovision stylee

For now but if we do this again next year then Otto might unseat him.

No chance. A Spanish international who has performed admirably all season against the best that the Premier League can throw at him against the permed, moustachioed little master who had Championship wingers in his pocket whilst his rotten good for nothing managers went out and signed 48 left backs to replace him?

The only way Thommo doesn't get in is if Deutsch organises a behind closed doors judging panel to add points to the votes of the other no-hopers.

Oh...

Murray
Rui
Ruddy

I can remember Bert Williams as if it was yesterday along with other notable players, esp. 1954 when we won the league beating the Baggies into 2nd place.

You can remember 1954, I cannot remember 6 minutes to 8 last night :)

No chance. A Spanish international who has performed admirably all season against the best that the Premier League can throw at him against the permed, moustachioed little master who had Championship wingers in his pocket whilst his rotten good for nothing managers went out and signed 48 left backs to replace him?

Is the correct answer
8c6cb8c4920958ca44f34c137a7ddc5f.jpg

Actually James, much as I hate to admit it, Hahnemann would have been a decent shout. Good keeper. Phenomenal taste in music.

I looked a right dick once where he got beaten by an absolute worldie and I reacted like we had Jeff Hanneman* in goal rather than him. But this happens a lot with me. I won't change my vote though. I like Mickey Stowell too much to do it.

*Marcus Hahnemann musical taste reference here, metal fans

Bowyer vs Blues. Was Marcus' league debut for us.

All overshadowed by Halford's "performance" that day.

Somehow that's nearly 10 years ago.

Correctamundo.

There was also the time I did Wayne "no Nazi knowledge" Hennessey down horribly after Raul Miereles scored a ridiculous dipping finish. I sounded like Boycott moaning that my mam could have hit that with a stick of rhubarb.

Actually James, much as I hate to admit it, Hahnemann would have been a decent shout. Good keeper. Phenomenal taste in music.

I looked a right dick once where he got beaten by an absolute worldie and I reacted like we had Jeff Hanneman* in goal rather than him. But this happens a lot with me. I won't change my vote though. I like Mickey Stowell too much to do it.

*Marcus Hahnemann musical taste reference here, metal fans

Don’t forget he’s got a hell of a sense of humour. I personally added him because he was really good after Adolf Hennessey was starting to dip in form.

Also cheers DW for reminding me of that bloody Greg Halford performance

Met him loads as he lived out of Wombourne towards Penn (nearish The Greyhound). Really, really nice guy.

Keeper votes sorted in the morning and then we'll get going on centre halves.

Murray (2 great seasons)
Patricio (ask me next season and he's no.1, no doubt about it but just not ready to loose Matt yet)
Stowell (My first wolves keeper really, bit of a nostalgic vote if I'm truthful, in a team full of Paul's he was proud to be a Mike)

On the William's thread, he was my dads favourite keeper as a young boy and had his football almanac from 1954, he got it signed by him after he released is autobiography the turn of the century some 50 odd years later A perfect gentleman and great keeper by all accounts

Matt Murray - 103
Rui Patricio - 95
John Ruddy - 21
Mike Stowell - 16
Tim Flowers - 3
Wayne Hennessey - 3
Paul Bradshaw - 1
Marcus Hahnemann - 1
Carl Ikeme - 1
Michael Oakes - 1

Matt Murray - 103
Rui Patricio - 95
John Ruddy - 21
Mike Stowell - 16
Tim Flowers - 3
Wayne Hennessey - 3
Paul Bradshaw - 1
Marcus Hahnemann - 1
Carl Ikeme - 1
Michael Oakes - 1

The right result IMO. Also quite correct that it was a two horse race.

Centre halves then. Six picks. We're having a back three, it's up to you whether your top three would actually work in that formation, or if you trust democracy to just sort it out in the end.

Back