• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Film Thread

Thanks, I was in two minds whether to watch that or not. Now I won't bother wasting my time.

Batman looks excellent. Like the video games.

Wasn't a big fan of Man of Steel and I disliked BvS so not looking forward to Snyder's 4 hour justice league.

Man of Steel was alright but BvS was fucking awful. Even if it was OK I still can't buy into Afleck as Batman. He's mince.

Man of Steel was alright but BvS was fucking awful. Even if it was OK I still can't buy into Afleck as Batman. He's mince.

I liked 2/3 of Man of Steel but the dad dying thing was rubbish (poor attempt to mimic the wonderful scene in the original where his dad suffers a heart attack) and the last third where they just ram each others heads into buildings.

Thanks for the heads up on Project Power, will unlisted it.
Agree about DC films, fell asleep watching Wonder Woman, couldn't be bothered to go back to where I was, just left it.
BvS took two great storylines from the comics, and ended up with utter tosh.

Apparently the Gotham City in the new film is based on Liverpool?
I'm saying nothing...

BvS took two great storylines from the comics, and ended up with utter tosh.

It completely killed Miller's Dark Knight Returns. I think Death of Superman was the only Superman story arc I ever read and yeah they fucked that up as well.

The Gentlemen. Enjoyable Guy Ritchie romp.

Last edited:
Been to see Tenet today.

Observations:

1) People in cinemas are still pricks, shut the fuck up
2) Do not watch it if you've had anything to drink or taken anything, it's trippy enough on its own
3) Definitely not a "switch off and no need to concentrate" film

Very well acted and directed though. Now I *sort of* understand it, I'll have to watch it again when it's on Sky and see if I grasp it properly.

Olympus/London/Angel Has Fallen. Decent pap/Not-so-decent pap/utter shit pap.

Been to see Tenet today.

Observations:

1) People in cinemas are still pricks, shut the fuck up
2) Do not watch it if you've had anything to drink or taken anything, it's trippy enough on its own
3) Definitely not a "switch off and no need to concentrate" film

Very well acted and directed though. Now I *sort of* understand it, I'll have to watch it again when it's on Sky and see if I grasp it properly.
I've seen a lot of people complaining that they couldn't hear the dialogue in places because the soundtrack was too loud. Did you have any problems with that?

I've seen a lot of people complaining that they couldn't hear the dialogue in places because the soundtrack was too loud. Did you have any problems with that?

A little bit yeah. The mix did seem a bit odd, certainly in the opening scene.

Mulan - Really good but really belongs on the big screen to do it justice, as many reviewers have already said.

Le Mans 66 - excellent.

Bill and Ted Face the Music - I managed to watch the first 15 minutes and then gave up.

15 minutes more than I’d have bothered with.

I liked the Bill and Ted films when I was 10. I don't imagine they've dated especially well :icon_lol:

That's the thing. It's the same attempt at humour although the world has moved on.

Enola Holmes - Gave that a watch this evening and enjoyed it. Didn't realise Millie Bobby Brown is English.

Back