• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Film Thread

I didn’t really enjoy The Northman. Some bits were OK but others just felt so out of kilter and it became disjointed. Also felt way too long for what actually happened.
Not bad but far from brilliant.

The Raids are always good to pass a couple of hours very quickly.

Forgot what it's like to have an excited youngster here on Christmas eve......Arthur Christmas with me grandson.

Violent Night. Simultaneously awful and fantastic. Loved it, especially the Home Alone sequence. Genuinely laughed at loud, a lot more than I expected.

Home Alone 2 (Lost in New York) is fucking brutal... That shit is supposed to be for kids?!?

I can’t watch either these days.

Glass Onion, the Knives Out sequel. As with the first, a very enjoyable murder mystery bit of fun. Proper chuckling at the end...

In more of my incredibly out of date film reviews I’m currently watching the grand Budapest hotel and it’s ace.

More out of date reviews to follow.

Did all Wes Anderson films not long back. Some great ones.

Just watched 8 mile for the first time. Really good film.

More reviews from 20 years ago as they happen.
It's a weirdly brilliant piece of filmmaking, made all the weirder by how shit Marshall's music has been since, like, 2003.

It's a weirdly brilliant piece of filmmaking, made all the weirder by how shit Marshall's music has been since, like, 2003.
Can’t say I’ve listened to much of his since, periodically give the newer albums a go but not for me. Tbf im often like that with most artists - after the first couple of albums I lose interest

On my way to Texas so thought I should watch something resolutely American.

Can’t say I’ve listened to much of his since, periodically give the newer albums a go but not for me. Tbf im often like that with most artists - after the first couple of albums I lose interest

On my way to Texas so thought I should watch something resolutely American.
Interesting you say that, I have a 'theory' (when I say theory, I mean opinion).
Most artists/bands only have 1 really good album in them, 2 at the most. Obviously there are outliers to that.

Interesting you say that, I have a 'theory' (when I say theory, I mean opinion).
Most artists/bands only have 1 really good album in them, 2 at the most. Obviously there are outliers to that.
The Beatles are an obvious exception but yeah I mostly agree.

Watched Jeff Waynes 'War of the Worlds' stage musical on Sky Arts channel last night - they filmed 1 of the live performances.

Full orchestra & a superb rock band with great singers & massive TV's behind with the other stuff. Would have loved to have been in the theatre & turned all the lights off in the house to try and set the atmosphere. Needed to have a bigger TV than I have really.

Best I have seen for years & didn't move for 2 hrs

Watched Jeff Waynes 'War of the Worlds' stage musical on Sky Arts channel last night - they filmed 1 of the live performances.

Full orchestra & a superb rock band with great singers & massive TV's behind with the other stuff. Would have loved to have been in the theatre & turned all the lights off in the house to try and set the atmosphere. Needed to have a bigger TV than I have really.

Best I have seen for years & didn't move for 2 hrs
Would like to see that live (seen it on sky arts)
Still play the album occasionally.

Back