• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Film Thread

Would like to see that live (seen it on sky arts)
Still play the album occasionally.
Came across it by accident when browsing the listings - so glad that I did.

Knew that they had put it on the stage at some point.

Was the best thing I have seen for years, but in the theatre it would be at another level (& I still play the album)

Interesting you say that, I have a 'theory' (when I say theory, I mean opinion).
Most artists/bands only have 1 really good album in them, 2 at the most. Obviously there are outliers to that.
Hmmm.

AC/DC belter albums - Let there be Rock, Powerage, Highway to Hell, Back in Black
Metallica - all the first four albums (some may wish to add the black album if it’s their cup of tea)
Sabbath - black sabbath, masters of reality, sabbath bloody sabbath, vol 4
Maiden - number of the beast, piece of mind, powerslave
Slayer - reign in blood, south of heaven, seasons in the abyss
Megadeth - peace sells, so far so good, rust in peace

Not for this thread but you've listed the wrong era of Sabbath for one.

Not for this thread but you've listed the wrong era of Sabbath for one.
He hasn't, however he's wrong that all those albums are bangers.
When I say wrong I mean he has a different opinion to me.😁

Hmmm.

AC/DC belter albums - Let there be Rock, Powerage, Highway to Hell, Back in Black
Metallica - all the first four albums (some may wish to add the black album if it’s their cup of tea)
Sabbath - black sabbath, masters of reality, sabbath bloody sabbath, vol 4
Maiden - number of the beast, piece of mind, powerslave
Slayer - reign in blood, south of heaven, seasons in the abyss
Megadeth - peace sells, so far so good, rust in peace
Quo’s first five were all bangers - Piledriver, Hello!, Quo, On The Level, Blue For You. Not a single track on all five albums gets skipped. That’s a real rarity.

Quo’s first five were all bangers - Piledriver, Hello!, Quo, On The Level, Blue For You. Not a single track on all five albums gets skipped. That’s a real rarity.
Ah opinions. I'm a big Quo fan but for me the only album which I like every track is Hello.
The others you mention all have some great songs on them but for me a bit of filler too.
I actually prefer Dog Of Two Head to the others you've listed.

Interesting you say that, I have a 'theory' (when I say theory, I mean opinion).
Most artists/bands only have 1 really good album in them, 2 at the most. Obviously there are outliers to that.
I think the difference between 'supergroups' and everyone else is the number of good albums

I think the difference between 'supergroups' and everyone else is the number of good albums
Don't get me started on 'supergroups'
Anyway I've managed to accidently pollute this thread with music, back to films.

Everything Everywhere All at Once - bat shit crazy stuff on what is essentially a really simple plot.

Visually stunning with some very funny moments. This is what Dr Strange should've been.

Not sure if watch it again though as it's like eating an entire bag of 1990's haribo.

Elvis - Apart from not really looking like Elvis, Austin Butler does a very good job and the music is outstanding. Again visually stunning and whilst a long film never dragged. Tom Hanks as the creepy charlatan Parker is unnerving.

I liked both films, wish I'd have seen Elvis on the big screen, glad I didn't watch EEAAO on the big screen.

Back