• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Film Thread

Watch Men at the weekend. Worth a watch if your into your wiggy British modern folk horror.
Two absolutely class actors in Rory Kinnear and Jessie Buckley. Tense, uncomfortable and a truly bonkers final crescendo 👍

Available on Prime.

Thanks for sharing. Good to know you didn't watch a film, any others you haven't watched?
Why the fascination in my post to a friend? He will know the reason why I didn't want to watch it and the relevance of my post.

Leave out your virtual aggresive/bullying stuff mate. It doesn't wash. As I've stated before, I like you in real life, but you're a virtual cock. I will be happy to discuss with you face to face later this month 😉

Why the fascination in my post to a friend? He will know the reason why I didn't want to watch it and the relevance of my post.

Leave out your virtual aggresive/bullying stuff mate. It doesn't wash. As I've stated before, I like you in real life, but you're a virtual cock. I will be happy to discuss with you face to face later this month 😉
Fascination?

You've posted about a film I put a review on 2 posts further up and Paddy commented on.

I was interested in why you swerved it.

I'll ignore the childish crap

Fascination?

You've posted about a film I put a review on 2 posts further up and Paddy commented on.

I was interested in why you swerved it.

I'll ignore the childish crap
I replied to Paddy's post. Like I stated, we will discuss later this month.

Mrs Jinky - So Leeds, this has been killing me for weeks now. Why did you swerve the Elvis film
leeds - Can't stand the bloke or his music. The hip shaking, precious about people standing on his shoes, cock

If its not that, I want in on the big reveal later this month

This is The Impossible Dream continuing to cause damage nearly 15 years on, isn't it?

I've always wondered why you only get Elvis impersonators from when he was fat, was more or less a club singer and wore absolutely ludicrous clothes. You never get the young type when he was actually good.

Mrs Jinky - So Leeds, this has been killing me for weeks now. Why did you swerve the Elvis film
leeds - Can't stand the bloke or his music. The hip shaking, precious about people standing on his shoes, cock

If its not that, I want in on the big reveal later this month
Nutshell...

On our trip to the States last year we stopped off in the town where Elvis was born.

Visited a little museum where they have the house he grew up in (you really could sing the my garden shed song at it). Up the back in a lovely gardened area they have a statue that is meant to represent young Elvis in Tupelo with an older world famous Elvis but to me it just looks like "local weirdo attempts to kidnap a kid"

1678205806879.png

On our trip to the States last year we stopped off in the town where Elvis was born.

Visited a little museum where they have the house he grew up in (you really could sing the my garden shed song at it). Up the back in a lovely gardened area they have a statue that is meant to represent young Elvis in Tupelo with an older world famous Elvis but to me it just looks like "local weirdo attempts to kidnap a kid"

View attachment 6948
Just planning our trip now. I think we are going to go to Vicksburg in Mississippi rather than Tupelo though. Going to Graceland for our tacky Elvis fix

Graceland is fantastic. Wacky, wacky place.

View attachment 6948
Just imagine the kid is African American music and Elvis is getting ready to steal it.

Just planning our trip now. I think we are going to go to Vicksburg in Mississippi rather than Tupelo though. Going to Graceland for our tacky Elvis fix
Went to Graceland as we were passing but didn't go into the grounds. Not a bigger enough Elvis fan to justify paying what they wanted to look around his big gaff. Got some nice sweets from the gift shop though and saw his planes

Tupelo was perfect for the Atlanta to Memphis drive. Biggest diversion we did on that trip was to a town call Brilliant, just so I could make Fast Show jokes on Facebook...

Graceland is fantastic. Wacky, wacky place.
What's your view of New Orleans Alan? I've heard a few bad stories. I didn't realise it was as tacky as it appears to be? Rather than 3 days might just do one and have a couple of nights on the Alabama coast instead. Strip clubs and debauchery aren't really my thing.

I loved my time in New Orleans. It was some years ago now, though. Dad grew up there (or spent some formative years there, really), so we got involved helping the Lower 9th Ward after Katrina. Note, this was in 2010, 5 years after the storm, and whole neighborhoods were still cordoned off as too dangerous to return to (not because of crime, but because the houses had been sitting condemned and abandoned since the storm). I wasn’t old enough to get out into the French Quarter for some debauchery.

What I will say is that I’ve never been anywhere that feels so genuinely alive. There’s always music pouring into the streets from somewhere, there’s good food around every corner, and most of the people who actually live there are very “salt of the earth”, in the best way.

Definitely worth spending a day in. Make sure to hit up Café du Monde for a beignet!

Everything Everywhere All at Once - bat shit crazy stuff on what is essentially a really simple plot.

Visually stunning with some very funny moments. This is what Dr Strange should've been.

Not sure if watch it again though as it's like eating an entire bag of 1990's haribo.

Elvis - Apart from not really looking like Elvis, Austin Butler does a very good job and the music is outstanding. Again visually stunning and whilst a long film never dragged. Tom Hanks as the creepy charlatan Parker is unnerving.

I liked both films, wish I'd have seen Elvis on the big screen, glad I didn't watch EEAAO on the big screen.
I watched Everything Everywhere All At Once with the girls. Pretty bad mistake, by the time I realised it wasn’t for them the jumping on butt plugs scene had scuppered any opportunity I had of saving them. I was scarred. Mad film.

Glass Onion. Decent but didn't enjoy it as much as the first one.

Back