• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Film Thread

Yeah I remember that film. Back when Christina Hendricks was still a big deal after Mad Men.

He's actually alright in it (don't get me wrong he'll never win an Oscar)
He’s one of those who just puts me off straight away. I can’t watch anything with him in, I can’t stand him.

Anyone looking forward to the Napoleon movie next month? Joaquin Phoenix looks a great choice going by the trailer.

Anyone looking forward to the Napoleon movie next month? Joaquin Phoenix looks a great choice going by the trailer.
Trailer looks good, the casting of him as napoleon looks excellent (to be fair I was sold on him looking and sounding like Rod Steiger for most of my life)

John Wick 4 was... a struggle. A real chore to finish it and it was definitely one too many. I've never really liked Keanu Reeves, he's one of those actors who's the same in every film he does but he was different in John Wick. In this one though he reverted to type and it was just like watching Bill or Ted or Jonathan Harker. Laurence Fishburne may as well have been in the audience but Ian McShane's teeth were ridiculously impressive, almost as impressive as how much he loved showing them.

3 hours I'll never get back. Serves me right.

John Wick 4 was... a struggle. A real chore to finish it and it was definitely one too many. I've never really liked Keanu Reeves, he's one of those actors who's the same in every film he does but he was different in John Wick. In this one though he reverted to type and it was just like watching Bill or Ted or Jonathan Harker. Laurence Fishburne may as well have been in the audience but Ian McShane's teeth were ridiculously impressive, almost as impressive as how much he loved showing them.

I agree. However, if you get chance, watch 'The Continental'. A 3 part prequel to Winston's acquisition of the hotel. It's on Prime.

Oh, and the soundtrack is awesome.

I agree. However, if you get chance, watch 'The Continental'. A 3 part prequel to Winston's acquisition of the hotel. It's on Prime.

Oh, and the soundtrack is awesome.
I’ll give that a whirl after I’ve finished Lupin.

On JW4:

I was really enjoying it until it got to the stair sequence and he got knocked all the way back down for the nth time...
If I wasn't in the cinema I would have fast forwarded.

Have watched a couple of fun horror films as it's spooky season.
Both sort of crossover films, the first Freaky is a mash up of Friday 13th and Freaky Friday, in that an ancient dagger causes a high-school student to switch bodies with a middle-aged serial killer.
She has to save her friends which he can perfectly infiltrate, and swap back before it becomes permanent. On Netflix.
Totally Killer, a mashup of Halloween and Back to the Future, in that a serial killer returns after 35 years, and the protagonist is accidentally sent back in time to when the murders started, and must get back before being stuck there. On Prime.

I enjoyed bits of it particularly with Donnie Yen, but it definitely merited being a lot shorter. Expanding all this high table malarkey does it no real favours, but I knew what I was getting into when I sat down to watch it.

I did think the top down shootout was very well done.

Glad I waited and didn't pay to go see it when it was out at the cinema though.

I did it in two sittings. Agree with you in the main but I like Reeves he's done some really good films (Point Break, The Matrix, The Gift, Bill & Ted, Street Kings, Speed).

I loved Lovejoy's teeth they were fantastic, proper made me belly laugh.

I dislike this trend of world building in films it's really boring.

Back