• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Film Thread

You could easily make the story of Napoleon into at least five long films.
or to truly honour him - a ton of short films

(Yes I know he wasn't actually that small but shite attempt at a joke still stands)

or to truly honour him - a ton of short films

(Yes I know he wasn't actually that small but shite attempt at a joke still stands)
Depends on your historical source. Some say he was 5’2” (not exactly tiny for someone born in 1769), but there are sources from measuring his body that he was 5’7” at death which is a reasonable height.

Napoleon complex was driven pretty much entirely by British satirical magazines of the era.

Depends on your historical source. Some say he was 5’2” (not exactly tiny for someone born in 1769), but there are sources from measuring his body that he was 5’7” at death which is a reasonable height.

Napoleon complex was driven pretty much entirely by British satirical magazines of the era.
Read the disclaimer man

I did! I was agreeing with you sir. Personally I rather liked the joke.

You could split his life into early stuff, French Revolution and up to his first assumption of power (the Egypt stuff in here)
Big wars in mainland Europe - Austerlitz, Wagram, Peninsular War
Invasion of Russia
His first overall defeat and sending to exile on Elba
The 100 days and finishing off with Waterloo

I’m interested to see how much his relationship with Josephine features. She should be in the early stuff but his marriage to her was annulled in 1810 as he politically needed to marry someone else.

Read the disclaimer man

A simple glance at the poster serves as a caveat to any subsequent musings

I'm sure I heard a rumour that there's a 4 + hour director's cut of Napoleon that's going to release on Apple TV in the coming months?

Or have I made that up?

Just got round to watching A Quiet Place and it’s pretty decent so far. Better than I expected anyway.

Leave the World Behind. I liked it although I’m not sure if it was any good or not.

Leave the World Behind. I liked it although I’m not sure if it was any good or not.
I read the book about a year ago and liked it without really knowing why. I'm undecided on whether to watch the film or not, I have an irrational dislike of Julia Roberts mouth. 😂

I read the book about a year ago and liked it without really knowing why. I'm undecided on whether to watch the film or not, I have an irrational dislike of Julia Roberts mouth. 😂
I have an irrational dislike of Julia Roberts, I genuinely can’t stand her. I thought she’d put me off this after the first five minutes but Mahershala Ali and Ethan Hawke are brilliant in it so it took the edge off. I honestly don’t know what made me like it so much, so much was unexplained and it’s really slow but I really enjoyed it. The end was different if predictable even if I did roll my eyes at it. If you enjoyed the book watch it. I think you’ll like it.

Back