• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Film Thread

No way! It’s much too fast.

That helicopter chase scene always feels like it comes completely out of nowhere to me.

(As with many of my opinions, I fully appreciate that TDK is hugely loved and I’ll likely not be persuading anyone to the contrary)
TDK is a standout in the trilogy as it’s the only one that isn’t really based on any comic story arc. Begins (Year One) is slow and methodical, rightly so, and was an excellent movie. Rises (Knightfall) was just too drawn out and failed against the source material.
TDK was just Nolan running free with Batman versus The Joker and he nailed it. At over two hours I think the pacing was perfect and the storyline was spot on. Even ret conning Two Face’s origin.

TDK is a standout in the trilogy as it’s the only one that isn’t really based on any comic story arc. Begins (Year One) is slow and methodical, rightly so, and was an excellent movie. Rises (Knightfall) was just too drawn out and failed against the source material.
TDK was just Nolan running free with Batman versus The Joker and he nailed it. At over two hours I think the pacing was perfect and the storyline was spot on. Even ret conning Two Face’s origin.
I’m not a comics guy so I can only bow to your superior knowledge on the topic!

That does give me a different appreciation for TDK even if I don’t think it would make it overtake BB for me.

TDK was great but it was a series of huge events - much more in line with his later films. The plot doesn't stand up at all but it's saved by a great script and performances. TDKR jumps the shark really.

TDKR was pretty shit. Well very shit really. The whole Bane element was completely butchered (you could never fit that storyline into one movie) and overall was just a huge letdown.

I liked it.

Thought the ending was OK, was clear what the outcome for the characters would be, it'd been signposted.

The deer thing was a little daft.
Agree with all this.

If you're going to get the writer/ director of Mr Robot to do this sort of film you get what is essentially a film version of what is happening in the countryside once Evil Corp fails. He even references it directly.

Esmail is clearly a fan of Kubrick and Hitchcock as he steals nearly all his big scenes from both.

Looked very good if a little obvious at the end, but it did make me smile.

AKA on Netflix, really well done and very engrossing. Brilliantly acted throughout, even Eric Cantona was surprisingly good.

Anybody watched Rebel Moon yet? I'm completely torn on it.

It was alright. Just another Magnificent Seven. But I'll watch the second one when it drops.

Anybody watched Rebel Moon yet? I'm completely torn on it.
Utterly dreadful.

Not an original image or character in the whole thing and done worse than any of the films it's ripped off.

Even the 'twist' was telegraphed an hour earlier.

Mad thing is I will probably watch part 2 just to see if it gets any worse.

Watched Society of Snow last night on Netflix.

It's absolutely outstanding - the famous story of the Uruguayan rugby team whose place crashed in the Andes in the 1970s.

I've seen Alive a couple of times but this is miles better, very very harrowing but the direction and performances are superb across the board. Made me feel cold watching it!

Thoroughly recommended.

Watched Society of Snow last night on Netflix.

It's absolutely outstanding - the famous story of the Uruguayan rugby team whose place crashed in the Andes in the 1970s.

I've seen Alive a couple of times but this is miles better, very very harrowing but the direction and performances are superb across the board. Made me feel cold watching it!

Thoroughly recommended.
Thanks have watched Alive several times, will give this a go

Another "shout out" for One Life. These type of films need to be made "lest we forget", or rather future generations.

Last edited:
Lost Bullet 1&2 on Netflix are worth a watch if you’re into dumb action films, bad bloke turned hero type stuff full of stunts.

Bone Tomahawk, not quite at the end yet but fuck me what a film. A mad mish mash of a western and a gore horror. The casting and acting are top notch, and seeing a bloke being scalped alive, held upside down naked, hacked straight down the middle and torn apart was… unexpected. Oh and Kurt Russell gets a red hot hip flask shoved into his stomach. An absolute gem.

Lost Bullet 1&2 on Netflix are worth a watch if you’re into dumb action films, bad bloke turned hero type stuff full of stunts.
Those are two bloody good movies tbh. There's a 3 on the cards too...

Back