• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Film Thread

I get ya. I don't know what it is about her, I really don't like her and avoid almost everything she is in. I think she's probably just tainted by the Pretty Woman brush, which is genuinely one of the worst films I've ever seen.

I get ya. I don't know what it is about her, I really don't like her and avoid almost everything she is in. I think she's probably just tainted by the Pretty Woman brush, which is genuinely one of the worst films I've ever seen.
She’s just one of those actors that really annoy me for some reason, I can’t say why because I don’t know. I’ve never seen Pretty Woman and never will!

Because nobody asked for it - films out this year what I watched

👍
Creed 3
7 Kings must die
Leave the world behind
Wonka
Barbie
Dial of destiny
Leo
Dungeons and dragons
Evil dead rise
Renfield

😬
TIM
Killers of the flower moon
Oppenheimer
May December
No hard feelings
Genie
Exorcist: believer

😐
Knock at the cabin
Flash
Infinity pool
Last voyage of the demeter
Are you there god? It's me Margaret

I liked it.

Thought the ending was OK, was clear what the outcome for the characters would be, it'd been signposted.

The deer thing was a little daft.

No love for Oppenheimer then? I've been meaning to watch it but haven't got around to it.

Stopped watching after about 50 minutes. I just didn't care about the characters. That's usually the issue with Nolan for me - far more interested in spectacle than people. The films where that isn't the case - Prestige, Batman Begins - are his best IMO.

Watched Mixed Nuts (christmas film I hadn't seen before). So bad it's good. It's rather random. I enjoyed it any way

TDK wasn’t breakneck! It was absolutely perfect!
No way! It’s much too fast.

That helicopter chase scene always feels like it comes completely out of nowhere to me.

(As with many of my opinions, I fully appreciate that TDK is hugely loved and I’ll likely not be persuading anyone to the contrary)

Pattinson is excellent and The Batman is very good.

Keaton is good in both of the Burton films and in The Flash (which I really enjoyed).

TDK is brilliant, best of the 3 Nolan films.

All of Nolan's films are good, Inception was groundbreaking. Momento, The Prestige and the 3 Batman films are all so good to watch and have aged well.

I went to see Tenet on a very early date with Mrs DW. I think my head still hurts from it. Have no appetite to watch that one again.

Back