• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

At the girlfriends the other night and she put Big Brother on. You know how I always say it can't get any worse? Where do they find these nobheads? Every 5 minutes an argument broke out, some daft woman had a serious issue with c-bombing everyone, mild disagreements took mere seconds to descend into full on rants at each other. It was just unbelievable.

Reminded me of the referendum thread.

Cats, Big Brother....? She must be dynamite in the sack.

TBF to her she doesn't watch it all the time. It was on in the background and we were ranting about it before deciding to watch Parks and Recreation instead!

Anyone else watching Riviera? Ploughed through the first four episodes already and rather enjoying it.

for some reason i recently checked on You Tube for some old sapphire and steel clips and it seems 3-4 months back a kindly soul has put up in full each of the 6 stories.

these are confusing but great stories about mishaps in time caused by who knows what. made in '79-'82 so virtually no or very basic special effects but most of the stories are creepy as hell. 2, 4 & 6 are probably the best.

it was also reported in 2015 that the writer of Luther was working on a remake. hope he gets there.

link to story 2.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9Dws0VivK0&t

Just watched the first episode of Broken on BBC1. Really good programme, but Christ what a $#@!ty country we live in.

It is really good but it's tough to watch. Sean Bean is a truly world class actor. This weeks episode is particularly sad and utterly convincing from all involved, even the comic parts which in your mind you know you shouldn't be laughing at in those circumstances. McGovern is a genius.

Just started rewatching Sopranos from the start. I'd forgotten how brilliant it was.

Got that on my watchlist on Now. Can't believe I've never seen it.

Got that on my watchlist on Now. Can't believe I've never seen it.

Shit, you lucky git. It's years ago now but I still remember watching sopranos for the first time - brilliant tv. It's up there with the Wire for me.

Just superb is the Sopranos. What the hell have you been waiting for Booz?

I know it's not on until August but they've announced the lineup for Celebrity Masterchef 2017:

Rebecca Adlington- Olympic champion swimmer
Abdullah Afzal- Citizen Khan actor and comedian
Angellica Bell- TV presenter
Reverend Kate Bottley- presenter and Gogglebox priest
Patti Boulaye- singer, actress and life skills expert
Brian Bovell- Coronation Street and Gimme, Gimme, Gimme actor
Tyger Drew-Honey- presenter and Outnumbered actor
Lesley Garrett- opera singer
Dev Griffin- BBC Radio 1 presenter
Barney Harwood- Blue Peter co-host
Stephen Hendry- snooker legend
Jaymi Hensley- Union J pop star
Ulrika Jonsson- TV personality
Henri Leconte- former tennis player
Debbie McGee- TV personality and radio presenter
Aasmah Mir- radio and TV journalist
Nick Moran- Lock, Stock and Harry Potter actor
Vic Reeves- madcap comedianJulia Somerville- journalist and newsreader
Rachel Stevens- S Club 7 singer

Stephen Hendry and Vic Reeves should be interesting.

[emoji15]jeez, just go and watch it now, right this moment. It's utterly fantastic.

I've not seen it either :/

I think that's the best TV show ever. Booz you need to get Tony in your life.

Naa man, The Shield is the best ever. Breaking Bad after that. Still, obviously I can't rule out The Sopranos as I've never seen it.

You both need a virtual bitch slap!

Back