• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
...and creates the Cunha money which is also on the face of things is over the odds

I thought he had his best game for us on Saturday, but as the season goes on I'd worry about his effort if this is true.

Wallace and Percy in the telegraph running with Nunes to Liverpool for £44 million probably in the summer.

Figure plucked out of thin air. No way on earth do we sell him for a mere £8m more. We've done some stupid stuff recently but this would be the most ridiculous.

On current form he doesn't get near the LFC starting 11 though. He isn't going to make the deal more likely now by not trying because a newspaper has potentially linked him to a team that didn't want to commit the outlay for him previously.

Not if it were the plan all along

What's the incentive for us to take a huge financial risk on him? It's completely nonsensical we would do that to generate £8m. If it was £20m I could see it.

And we'll bend over backwards on the payment structure again, no doubt.

Fosun and Mendes can get in the bin.

We're riddled with expensive shite from the Mendes carousel already and will lose Nunes and Neves in the summer.

On current form he doesn't get near the LFC starting 11 though. He isn't going to make the deal more likely now by not trying because a newspaper has potentially linked him to a team that didn't want to commit the outlay for him previously.
They're pretty solid normally. Not known Percy to get much wrong.

It's not out money so we shouldn't be too concerned but maybe this was Shi's plan.

Is it really surprising? A lot of talk in the summer was that he wouldn't have come here had one of the big boys put in a bid. Six months later, we're in the bottom three.

Watching them now, he'd walk in

Believable that it is a firm commitment. Liverpool knew Henderson is nearing end and Fabinho and Thiago aren’t exactly young so need a replacement next season not this, so a deal is struck and he gets a season to acclimatise. We get a top player for a season and make £8m. Makes sense if you remember those making the deal we’re involved in Traore’s loan and spaffing £35m on Silva, in fact I’m surprised it’s not an £8m loss!

What's the incentive for us to take a huge financial risk on him? It's completely nonsensical we would do that to generate £8m. If it was £20m I could see it.
What we think isn’t factored in. Mendes says jump and Shi says how high.

He will have sold it to Shi is that we get one of the hottest prospects for a season for free (won’t be profit after the Mendes cuts) and we get to fiddle the books for FFP purposes.

What Shi won’t understand is we will need to sign someone else and this will be utterly pointless for squad development etc. as the new player and the squad will have to get used to each other again and the new signing may not be a hit.

I love how Shi still gets raked over the coals with each new dodgy deal that comes to pass, the Mendes relationship is way above his pay grade. Fosun's entire football endeavour is rooted with Mendes, they bought Wolves in order to do business with him, they didn't get involved with Mendes to make Wolves the best team they can be.

But Liverpool will owe us a favour and let us have priority on their top younger players like Ki Jana........................... Oh.

Only half true. Fosun lose more out of Mendes doing us over than they gain in any agency profit. They are in it for a win win, it's not been that for 3 years. Employ a competent Chief Exec and it might be. Mendes is taking the piss and not having a football savvy man at the top enables that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back