• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless we get three/four times our outlay back or he’s agitating for a move I’d keep him. Tidy player who will offer us significant squad flexibility down the line.
We’ve signed much worse for much more.

He pushed heavily to come here and work with Lopetegui again so unless the recent bench time is getting him down, I'd be surprised if any pressure was coming from his side. Also his wife has just given birth so doubt he wants more upheaval right now.

Got a taste of English refereeing and said “fuck this”, ay

(I don’t think he’s leaving)

Last edited:
He pushed heavily to come here and work with Lopetegui again so unless the recent bench time is getting him down, I'd be surprised if any pressure was coming from his side. Also his wife has just given birth so doubt he wants more upheaval right now.
I didn't realise he was a Lopetegui old boy.

i think his wife had twins, so as DW says, quite the level of personal upheaval in some ways for him - a lot to adapt to.
I think he's a good quality footballer, who hasn't quite yet shown his full range of abilities, but I also expect him to step up and contribute more next season. I think he'll be a useful squad player, and he also seems to carry himself positively and seems to be of good character.

I really hope this is some kind of sleight of hand to convince other teams actually we  don't need a striker.

Because otherwise Julen, please, stop it.

I really hope this is some kind of sleight of hand to convince other teams actually we  don't need a striker.

Bit of a misleading headline, isn’t it!? All he’s saying is he can play in that role, not that he is going to. He’s not exactly going to come out and say ‘nah mate, he’s shit as a lone striker’ is he…

Podence has just had a kid in April, but suppose it'll be less of an upheaval when they can share clothes and a cot.
Thing is, if Podence has had to purchase a new cot, then it may have affected his sleep.

Bit of a misleading headline, isn’t it!? All he’s saying is he can play in that role, not that he is going to. He’s not exactly going to come out and say ‘nah mate, he’s shit as a lone striker’ is he…
He can't though. I mean, he can be physically present and try, but so could Sarabia. You're not going to play him as a lone striker as he's not suited to it, neither is Cunha. There's objective evidence to back it up.

Most of this is just PR tripe tbh. Managers, players, etc; they’re all trained in this stuff so extensively that you only need to see the question asked to know almost verbatim what the answer will be.

“I trust our big winter signing to come good” is hardly a compelling thesis statement. It’s just filling the air in a way that shows Cunha that Julen likes him.

Side note: the E&S site is a fucking nightmare on mobile, Christ alive.

As others have said, I just think Lop has been asked a question and has given a polite reply rather than "nah, he can't do that".

Everyone with eyes can see Cunha works better in a two where he can pick the ball up in deeper areas and drive forward. I was really impressed with his running from deep at the weekend and just wish he'd get his head up a bit earlier to see what's around him. On the one where he took it past half the Villa team before being dispossessed by the squashed head McGinn, he had a fairly simple pass on to Nunes and if he'd played that and Nunes had put it in, it would have been a goal of the season contender for us.

I totally agree/hope it has been twisted by the E&S but equally Lop has done some strange things

€25m is a lot for that profile of player.

I also like how the article doesn't tell you what position he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back