• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
What were seeing now is the same senerio with what happened with Nuno. It's not going to end well.

If they can't pay the £25m for Scott, then things are seriously bad. Why don't Fosun just sell up. I'm sure there wouldn't be any shortage of interest in buying us. I'm getting more and more pissed off every day😡

Whilst I want us to sign Scott, you have to wonder why bigger fish aren’t willing to sign him. Whether they think it’s too much for a WIP or that they don’t see a progression into the first XI’s anytime soon as the reason why but they must all have doubts about him. £25m is a large fee for either Bournemouth or ourselves.

Here's our summer 2006 business:

Out:

Miller
Anderton
Cameron
Ganea
Ince
Postma
Ross
Silas
Lescott
Kennedy
Seol
Naylor
Frankowski

In:

Breen
Bothroyd
Clapham
Henry
Johnson
Mulgrew
Finkler
Davies
Potter

All done on a shoestring, big surplus in terms of fees/in out, dramatically reducing squad numbers and bloat...but you do have incomings. Then you trust the quality of the manager above everything else to sort it. And it worked.

Why we can't extrapolate all that with bigger numbers and higher quality (given where we currently stand) is beyond me. I mean I'd be firmly behind that. You can't sign no-one.

All the shit on here.
All the doom and gloom.
All the negativity and us all talking ourselves into a really foul mood.
All the hours and hundreds of pages typed and it's all built on nothing but assumptions and surmising, and all because there's fuck all communication coming from the club.
None.
Nothing whatsoever.
For a global company full of intelligent (well....) people, the reluctance to communicate is staggering.

Again, which club publicises its transfer strategy and/or targets to the fans? Which club communicates its financial plans to the fans?

I kind of wonder, what, exactly what are the senior management team doing on an hourly basis?
I mean are they actually at the club?
Are they talking to other clubs, scouting players, poring over pages of releases from other clubs, I mean, just what the fuck are they all doing from one hour to the next, one day to the next.... Anything??

Let's be honest if Jeff came out and did an interview we would only spend the following week shouting "shut up Jeff you lying twat weasel" and other less nice things.

Why does it take a week from one offer being rejected to us making a second offer then another week or two to make a third offer?

Why does it take a week from one offer being rejected to us making a second offer then another week or two to make a third offer?
Just how football works innit.

Arsenal had about a 10 day gap between their 2nd and 3rd bids for Rice.

Guess it was bid gets rejected so you try an open a dialogue with the other team, see what they want etc. Then crunch numbers to see if it you can do what the other club want, go back with an offer that falls short again and the start that process again.

Just how football works innit.

Arsenal had about a 10 day gap between their 2nd and 3rd bids for Rice.

Guess it was bid gets rejected so you try an open a dialogue with the other team, see what they want etc. Then crunch numbers to see if it you can do what the other club want, go back with an offer that falls short again and the start that process again.
Rice essentially agreed to sign for Arsenal before Easter. Arsenal knew what West Ham's price was.

Signed him on 15 July.

I don't mind transfers dragging on or most business happening in August, that's football and its funny little ways. I mind us deciding we can't spend anything when our manager has picked out targets which at least on the face of it seem fairly reasonable and we've sold loads of players for good money.

I do hope there's a reasonable amount of vocal disgruntlement at the game tonight

You make far too many assumptions about how much Fosun know or care about the footballing realities of the situation we're currently in. We're just a plaything they don't want any more.
I’m certain that a multimillion business will have worked out the cost of relegation on the bottom line. They care hugely about realities and to suggest otherwise is ridiculous. If the rest of their portfolio of businesses were doing well they might be prepared to put more funds in but they are not and we have to cut our cloth accordingly. We most certainly are not a plaything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back