• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The January 2024 "Will we actually sign a striker or just Che Adams/Kieffer Moore" Transfer Thread

I thought that was the ten-year aim when Fosun bought us.
Times moved on, if that even was there aim to begin with it was a bit of a stretch IMO. But they’ve flipped and flopped on plans haven’t they.

On Hwang, I wonder if we don’t sell this ends up being a bit of an Adama situation? I don’t think this is as much of a purple patch as his was but we could have got 40m+ for Adama after that 19/20 season (I think) and he reverted to type and went on a free in the end.

It’s possible Hwang will never be more valuable than he is right now/this summer.

On Hwang, I wonder if we don’t sell this ends up being a bit of an Adama situation? I don’t think this is as much of a purple patch as his was but we could have got 40m+ for Adama after that 19/20 season (I think) and he reverted to type and went on a free in the end.

It’s possible Hwang will never be more valuable than he is right now/this summer.

I'm wrestling with that as well too tbh. He's better than I gave him credit for but also I think he's significantly outperforming his ability and that never lasts.

Wasn’t he linked last year? Massive disciplinary issue?

PSG wanted to use him as makeweight in a deal for Muani (?) but having signed a $3m-a-year deal he wasn't keen on the move so they've effectively frozen him out.

(Rumours he was flaunting those $$$ less than subtly around the academy also)

I think Hwang will always score goals in a side that creates chances (and we do now).

That three month period was the only time we got any end product at all from Adama. In 5 years he scored as many PL goals as Hwang has in 20 games this season.

I think Hwang will always score goals in a side that creates chances (and we do now).

That three month period was the only time we got any end product at all from Adama. In 5 years he scored as many PL goals as Hwang has in 20 games this season.

I actually went to check I had the season right and I’d forgotten that he still didn’t really have much output that season! My memory had him getting way more goals/assists, I think it’s just because he was so great to watch during that (very short) period.

Luigi looks rapid and quite tricky. No idea if he's any good though.

Back