• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Manager Sacked/Hired Thread 2017/18

What the $#@!ing H'eckingbottom apparently going to Leeds?
Didnt i just hear he signed a new contract up Barnsley?

He did indeed. Strange time for it too given they're on a very poor run.

Knowing Leeds record with managers,do you think managers go there thinking I could be the one to get them back to their rightful place,in the top half of the premier league* and write myself into Leeds history,or is it just a quick buck and huge sacking bonus?

* yea I know what you're all thinking,but it's relevant to the question and the point I'm asking

It's been a long while since they tempted anyone who was particularly fashionable so normally it's a step up for them. Christiansen came from Cypriot football, Grayson came from Blackpool, Evans was nothing more than a career lower league jobber (and convicted fraudster), Warnock and Monk were out of work etc etc. For managers like that then it's a no brainer.

Whoever eventually gets it right there is on to a good thing and the new owner is nothing like as mental as Cellino, you have to have the right mindset going into a club of that size though.

I can see them going for someone like Warburton.

Surely taking the Leeds job is career suicide for any manager who takes the role

Heckinbottom will double his money, not have to relocate his family and if it goes pear shaped will comfortably pick up a job at a similar sized club to the one he is leaving as he'll be seen as failing in an impossible job, so not much to lose really. Plus there will be that thought that he could be the one to take Leeds up.

Paul Heckingbottom confirmed as the new Leeds manager

Knowing Leeds record with managers,do you think managers go there thinking I could be the one to get them back to their rightful place,in the top half of the premier league* and write myself into Leeds history,or is it just a quick buck and huge sacking bonus?

* yea I know what you're all thinking,but it's relevant to the question and the point I'm asking

Lets say its 25k a month minimum and you last 6 months and your contract is 18 months. You get 150 k for working and 300k if youre sacked and the liklihood is that you will be sacked and paid off before your contract ends. Whats not to like?

Grayson is a decent manager for L1

Going to Sunderland was a daft move but his work before that has been pretty good.

Grayson is a decent manager for L1

Going to Sunderland was a daft move but his work before that has been pretty good.

Sunderland fan at work see's him at the devil, sucks the soul out of the clubs apparently.

There was no soul at Sunderland when he arrived

Sunderland aside Grayson has done a decent job wherever he's been and has a very good League 1 record.

Sunderland was the poisoned chalice to end all poisoned chalices. Worse than we were when Ståle came in.

I cannot believe McLeish has got the Scotland job. That's incredible.

Basically the SFA offered it to anyone who is Scottish or seen Braveheart and they all said no. That left Alex as the best man for the job.

Back